My wife has just had her approval letter received here for her permanent residence and no interview was required. We now have to soon start the procedure (I-751) for her son. My question is: Do we gather all the same materials and go about the same procedure as we did with his Mom? I understand that there is rarely an interview for the sibling, which is fine either way, but want to be sure we send immigration the correct package. Thank you very much. Mark

Not as much needed for step child removal of conditions.

Evidence of bonafide marriage is not needed.

• I-751
  • Fee: $590
  • Copy of 2 year green-card.
  • Letter explaining why filing to remove conditions separate from parent, (Attach evidence of this (Copy of parent's green-card noting that parent became a resident more than 90 days prior to step child))
  • If parent has 10 year card, I would attach a copy of that, or a copy of parent's I-751 receipt letter.

Not as much needed for step child removal of conditions.

Evidence of bonafide marriage is not needed.

• I-751
  • Fee: $590
  • Copy of 2 year green-card.
  • Letter explaining why filing to remove conditions separate from parent, (Attach evidence of this (Copy of parent's green-card noting that parent became a resident more than 90 days prior to step child))
  • If parent has 10 year card, I would attach a copy of that, or a copy of parent's I-751 receipt letter.

Thank you very much Dan, you're always helpful! Yes, the step child came more than 90 days afterwards. I suppose I don't need financial records in this case either? And I assume he'll have to do biometrics again? Thank you again! Mark

Thank you very much Dan, you're always helpful! Yes, the step childcame more than 90 days afterwards. I suppose I don't need financial records in this case either? And I assume he'll have to do biometrics again? Thank you again! Mark

Oh yes will do Biometrics AGAIN...

Don't get me started on that one, you would think they would simply use the bio data they already have on file from the first green-card, it's not like finger prints signature and face will change in the 2 years of residency.

That's one that is crazy, my wife did biometrics 3 times, I-485, I-751, and N-400

Thank you very much Dan, you're always helpful! Yes, the step childcame more than 90 days afterwards. I suppose I don't need financial records in this case either? And I assume he'll have to do biometrics again? Thank you again! Mark

Oh yes will do Biometrics AGAIN...

Don't get me started on that one, you would think they would simply use the bio data they already have on file from the first green-card, it's not like finger prints signature and face will change in the 2 years of residency.

That's one that is crazy, my wife did biometrics 3 times, I-485, I-751, and N-400

Thank you very much Dan...yep, understand that one about biometrics as it makes little sense at all...maybe they could be more careful with other matters as well...Thanks again!