Quick airfare price checks

We maybe taking a trip to china next month the wife will be selling her condo. I've already done a little bit of checking and so far the cheapest I found is to drive to drive from Phoenix to LA and pay to park the car for 3 weeks. Then fly from LA to shanghai for 920 dollars each person. Anybody with any other ideas are ultimate goal is to get to Nanchang. We're willing to fly into any city in china and then connect toNanchang from there. Our travel dates are kinda flexible Leaving for china after the 25th of may and coming back mid june staying about 3 weeks. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

If driving from Phoenix to LA why not rent a car one way, and rent one one way back to Phoenix when you get back, this should cost less than 3 weeks parking of a personal car.

Orbitz shows one way rental for 24 hrs around $20

June is a very expensive time to travel apparently. I checked www.ctrip.com for you and the cheapest tickets I found were $50-$60 one way and about the same to come back from Shanghai to Nanchang. Your looking at about $120 a person round trip from shanghai to nanchang. You need to act now if you want to cash in on these savings because the tickets will get sold fast, because these prices are early bird specials By the way, the days I used were May 25th and June 13th as the returned date. It also has rate table on top of the webpage though that shows what the cost would be around those dates and they were the same.

In conclusion, if you did find a ticket for $900 from Lax to Shanghai I would hop on that, buy the additonal ticket for your Shanghai transfer (If your connecting flight is within 24hrs, they may allow 2 checked in luggage for free, even though you didnt book a international connection flight with such airlines) So your total comes out to about $1100 a person estimate. Good deal to me for one of the most expensive months to travel. Also if you choose to book a connecting flight on ctrip, I would book it 5-6 hours ahead from when your "supposed to land" in China.