• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

We had biometrics done in early February and 2 weeks later received a letter saying our case was sent to CSC. We still haven't received anything. What is the typical turn around time for green card after bio? I checked the website and it just says processing.

Matt and Lili

4-6 months after transfer. In most K-1 AOS cases a transfer to CSC results in an approval without an interview.

Note time between transfer and decision date.

http://www.visajourn...l&xfr=1&vtype=1

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Wow, another 4-6 month wait, should have figured this, lol......Ok, thanks for heads up. At least my love is here now :)

Matt and Lili

One of the several drawbacks to K-1 is the long wait for green-card.

If you applied for EAD card, then once having that can start looking for work if she wishes.

• 3 months later...

Do you have EAD and AP letter, note how long the EAD is valid for?

AOS can be as short as 4 months, and I have seen it take as long as 1.5 years depending on processing and background checks.

I dont remember. I'll look in our file. What does EAD and AP stand for?

EAD = Employment Authorization Document (Allows work while waiting for green-card) Comes from filing the I-765 with the I-485

AP = Advance Parole (Allows travel out of country while waiting for green-card) Comes from filing an I-131 with the I-485.

If you did not file either application, you can do so at any time before approved for green-card, simply file the I-765 and/or I-131 along with a copy of I-485 Notice of Action letter, and no fee needed to be paid.

Gotcha, no we didnt file either. Lili's not working and we are not planning to leave the country until she gets her green card.

I made a call today. They said they would check status and get back in touch with us in the next 14 days.......

We will just wait some more I guess :)

Thanks,

Matt and Lili