April Interview Group (Common Posting Thread)

Have to believe Foobaz is going to be ok! Check out his timeline---no VO can argue that this relationship isn't sincere... You out there Foobaz? ... should be a slam-dunk ..... and its probably going on just about right now......

Hopefully they see it that way as well. You never know though. This is GUZ we're talking about. Maybe they'll suddenly decide Sue's parent's paid me to make 9 trips and all that... hahaha :D

Thanks guys! :) It means a lot.

I do have a new question though. After the interview we left GUZ to visit Sue's Parents. In the process we left the congratulations letter in Tangxia. Do we need it to pick up the visa at the post office? Also, when they say "2 - 3 days", does that mean US business days or all days the post office is open? Of course, I presume that there is no way to get information out of DoS over the weekend.

Thanks guys! :) It means a lot.

I do have a new question though. After the interview we left GUZ to visit Sue's Parents. In the process we left the congratulations letter in Tangxia. Do we need it to pick up the visa at the post office? Also, when they say "2 - 3 days", does that mean US business days or all days the post office is open? Of course, I presume that there is no way to get information out of DoS over the weekend.

After interview, the beneficiary will pay the postage fee to a post office rep located at the top of the escalator, at this time you specify where you want the visa package delivered, either the nearby post office, or an address pretty much anywhere the post office will deliver, it does not need to be the local post office.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/china-post-delivery-of-approved-immigrant-visas-now-available-to-applicants-throughout-china.html

As for time, yes 2-3 days as per when the post office is open, but it can take longer to be delivered sometimes a week or even more.

Ok. We arrived and are with mr yang. Expensive room. But nice. SO wants me to ask what she should wear. Document intake is the day before whats printed on the interview letter right?

If the interview letter says 12:30PM April 25, you show up for document intake at that time. The interview line-up will be the next morning 7:30AM on April 26.

The document intake is always in the afternoon (12:30PM) - the interview is the next day at 7:30AM.

Room expensive with the Yangs? How much per night? Last I checked was 200 - 230 RMB per night which is about $32 - $37 per night. The average hotel will run you $50 or more per night, hotels will not provide you with interview advice, however yes, a hotel may provide a more comfortable room.

The appointment letter says 26th at 12:30... but mr yang said we go tomorrow for document hand in. The room we are in now he asked 380 rmb a night for. Ive lived in china for 4.5 years. I dont even think in terms of dollars anymore. 380 rmb is alot of money to me... lol. Ive stayed in rooms that cost 20 rmb a night and were nothing more than a metal shed with a bed in it by U.S. standards... it is a nice enough room though. 1-372-484-2886 is the number i called him at. Got it from your post in another thread. Hope its the right guy lol.