Fiancee passed interview 6 days ago but still no VISA/Passport at Guan

My fiancee told VISA people to send VISA to Post Office in Guangzhou 6 days ago but still not VISA at Post Office. We call every few hours each day. Is there anyone else that we can call to see if the Embassy sent the VISA to the Post Office?

Thanks.

wilfred

Only thing to do is email consulate and make an inquiry.

This is not uncommon, usually best to have the package either delivered to home address or to the Yangs and have them forward to home address for a fee.

Only thing to do is email consulate and make an inquiry.

This is not uncommon, usually best to have the package either delivered to home address or to the Yangs and have them forward to home address for a fee.

Can't he call the DOS?

That is another option, they may have updated info on their computers.

(202) 663-1225

I was in the same situation as you. The only thing we were able to do is check on the tracking number we were given from China Post. Once a delivered symbol shows up, thats when it has arrived at the local guangzhou post office. In our case, I think we had to wait 2-3 weeks.

I was in the same situation as you. The only thing we were able to do is check on the tracking number we were given from China Post. Once a delivered symbol shows up, thats when it has arrived at the local guangzhou post office. In our case, I think we had to wait 2-3 weeks.

That's what I'd do!

Called the number given to us to check the Post Office and they said that it was received and to pick it up tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally ., Thanks for all your posts. We are heading home on Mar 15th . We are excited and my fiancee is a little scared of her new life in Hawaii. First time out of the country and alone without family except me.

Take care and have a happy life everyone.

wilfred

• Like 1

Excellent!

Let her know Hawaii is a better place to live than most of the USA due to the high Asian population in that state, as well as it's tropical climate.

Should be able to get her plugged into the local Chinese community.

yes, Hawaii does have a lot of Asian population. The climate is much , much better than Changsha -real hot and real cold. And the environment is so much cleaner than China and the people, she will find, are much friendlier. i am in Changsha right now and it is so unkept by the people , I'll be glad to get home as soon as possible. We already know a few couples who the wives are from China and in their 30's and the husbands are in their 60's, like us. And these couples know more like that whom we will meet as soon as my fiancee reaches Hawaii. I am looking forward to meeting the others too. We will have so much things to do when we get to Hawaii like getting married, making a wedding reception, taking some trips, meeting my friends and relatives who anxiously waiting to meet my fiancee, buying new furniture for our new apartment, etc.

wilfred

• 2 months later...