I-751 - Relocating & Pregnant Questions

We received the letter stating that her green-card has been extended for one more year, and to wait for another letter stating when to do the bio-metrics. Curious thing about the letter is it says to send in your supporting evidence - found that odd as you send everything (or at least we did) before we even received the letter.

The money has also been withdrawn from our bank account.

My wife is scheduled for a C-Section on Thursday so I'm hoping the bio-metric isn't on that day.

If we wanted to go visit my family in South Texas upon driving back we would need to go through a check point - would presenting this paper after her GC expired be sufficient?

The best way to answer that is to tell you to take what you have, and leave everything else at home.

They are looking for illegals, and most likely won't give her a second look, especially if she has a driver's license, state ID, or other unexpired picture ID. By all means, take the letter and hand it to them with the green card if they want to look.

The standard question is to ask if everyone is an American citizen. My advice - just answer, "Yes, but she's Chinese", and be ready to show her ID ONLY if they ask.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

What was the exact wording of the send suppporting evidence? Sounds like boiler plate but if were me I probably would callUSCIS and ask about it, or even schedule an info pass. It does not sound like an RFE, that should be a sepprate letter.

Yes carry letter and greencard, if stopped by boarder patrol that is what they need to see.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update:

My wife and I had our first child delivered (via C-Section) on 06/28/2012 @ 3:54 pm - a beautiful baby girl. She weighed 6lbs 15.1 oz and as of today is doing great! She's ~ 6 weeks old, going on 7 weeks.

In the intern we also went to the biometric screening which was really simple as it's just finger printing and a picture. Took about 10mins total, and I'm probably exaggerating a little.

We're currently waiting for the next step.