Enough to prove domicile???

So our interview is in less than a week and I am worried about proving domicile.

What we have right now is the following:

Bank statements showing bills being paid and american credit cards being used

Bank statements showing wire transfers from China to American bank account

We are both un-empolyed while living in China...?

Emails asking to lease a business in America

We obviously cant rent an apartment in america yet because we are both currently jobless. Though I'm worried what we have might not be enough..

• What address is on the bank accounts?
  • Do you have a driver's license, what does that show?
  • Do you receive mail and bills at this US address?
  • Is the address a parent's home?
  • How about a letter from a parent indicating that their home is your home too?

You are trying to show that living overseas was a temporary condition such as attending a college overseas to perhaps learn a foreign language.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

The address on the bank accounts is in MN where i live. I do have a MN driver's liscense. I do receive bills there but do my bills most through e-bills. The address IS at my moms house.. could she send me an email saying that or does she NEED to write a letter?

The address on the bank accounts is in MN where i live. I do have a MN driver's liscense. I do receive bills there but do my bills most through e-bills. The address IS at my moms house.. could she send me an email saying that or does she NEED to write a letter?

Email should do, but if you have copies of all these things pointing to parent's home, you should be good with the Domicile thing.

would it be ok if my mother scanned the bills I get in the mail and I used that?

Should be.

Cutting it a bit close to interview to try to get stuff mailed over.

Worse case would be the consulate giving a blue slip requesting better domicile evidence.

how long would it take to fix if we got blue slipped for domicile?

Someting like that is not an administrative issue, if this happens, you would return to the consulate with the requested evidence, along with passport, and should have passport+Visa+Immigrations packet a few days later.