We are at the stage of waiting for packet 4 and can not find her original birth certificate. We have the notarized one from the chinese notary people. Our concern is that she needs the certificate to get proof from the local hospital that she has had her immunization shots. Does anyone know a way to get medical records in China without the original birth certificate. Do we really need it right now is another question also.

We are at the stage of waiting for packet 4 and can not find her original birth certificate.  We have the notarized one from the chinese notary people.  Our concern is that she needs the certificate to get proof from the local hospital that she has had her immunization shots.  Does anyone know a way to get medical records in China without the original birth certificate.  Do we really need it right now is another question also.

where are you guys at in the K process status? Are you a K? ot CR? IR?

My wife also did not have the original birth certificate. Insisted there never was one. We also got a notarized version, for the special "fee" price. I don't remember if the hospital records where one of them, but I know that I found out that anything can be had for a special administrative "fee" in China. We paid a bunch of them. Since my wife was in her teens and early twenties during the Cultural Revolution and in an area that was rather remote, there were a number of the records that were no longer existent. Eventually we managed to pay enough "fees" to convince people to generate new forms.

Our main worry is the shots and vaccinations. There is a long list of required shots on the forms and she of course does not want to have these shots again especially since some of them do not feel too good and take a long time to administer. How does she prove that she already had the shots I guess is the question we have right now.

I only wish it was as simple as that, but nothing here in China is as easy as it is in the states. I know if I go to the local hospital they can give me everything that I need to know in a matter of minutes. But because there are so many people here they don't care about names or dates everything is done be extraordinarily long numbers. On here birth certificate there is one of those numbers. She needs that number to get the required records. Does she have to prove that she had childhood shots at the required doctors checkup or do they just ask if she had them and take her word for it.