Issue Mailing I-129F to Lewisville via Express Mail

Sent out the package on Valentines day being told it would get there the next day since i sent it express mail thru the USPS. I sent it to the Lewisville address for express mail not the lock box. Went to the post office today and they told me that the Lewisville location may not accept packages!? The USPS supervisor will call the Coppell post office where my package is located supposly tommorow to find out more info. Just wondering if anybody has come across this before?

Here is my tracking number EG932727647US if anybody is courious You can track it at http://www.usps.com

Starting to think the lock box would of been a better idea and less postage. Now my parcel is limbo.

If using USPS to send petitions and applications to USCIS you need to use the PO box.

And why use express mail or an overnight service?? Is there some dead line you are trying to make?? Ordinary Priority Mail to the PO box with delivery confirmation is fine.

The physical address is for services like Fed-EX or UPS which cannot deliver to a PO Box.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

No deadline to make. Just wanted it there. So that address at Lewisville wont accept USPS express mail is what your saying?

Nope per USCIS you can use the office address for express mail.

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

However keep this in mind unless there is some pressing deadline that you need to make, consider priority mail, transit time for priority is on average 2 days, where express is an overnight service. So is getting it there next day or the day after really going to help get it approved any faster?

One other point, if in future you do send stuff to the PO box via Priority Mail with tracking, do not be surprised if tracking confirmation website indicates pick-up missed or failed with possible return, ignore that, it is a common error on USPS website, it WILL be picked up.

Thanks for the info. Now i need to figure out how to get the package back and send it again. It is somewhere in the sorting facility. The post office guy threw me off since the packaged weight in at over 6lbs the other option was a week. Which i should of took now this is taking longer.

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunatley this is not my first rodeo. Done this before in the past but a lot of stuff has changed on my second time around i noticed. Nice meeting you BTW dnoblett.

Thanks for the info. Now i need to figure out how to get the package back and send it again. It is somewhere in the sorting facility. The post office guy threw me off since the packaged weight in at over 6lbs the other option was a week. Which i should of took now this is taking longer.

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunatley this is not my first rodeo. Done this before in the past but a lot of stuff has changed on my second time around i noticed. Nice meeting you BTW dnoblett.

6lb is a bit heavy for a petition, it is not about quantity of evidence, it is about quality, you build a solid case showing a bonafide relationship to USCIS and ultimately to the consulate.

However, the flat rate priority mail box should have handled a 6lb package without issue.

In my wife's case the petition fit neatly in a flat rate envelope.

Now, wait! He said he used the Lewisville address to send it via Express mail, no? Isn't this address correct for anything which requires a signature?

Looks like the Coppell, TX processing facility held on to it for a few days (until the 20th)

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

UPDATE

Went to the post office today and they called the Texas post office. What i was told was the package is not at the texas coppell sorting facility and it got delivered but since they didnt scan the packate thats why it doesnt show on the tracking. The supervisor at the post office was not 100% positive it got delivered. He is basing its not at that post office so he thinks it got delivered. All they can do at the post office on my end was refund me the express mail cost.

So im guess go to the bank and see if they can check if my cashier's check has been cashed and wait to see if there is a NOA1? How long is NOA1 taking these days? I'm not sure of any other way to find out if the package got there.

Randy: I called that 1800 number and after going thru like a million prompts finally got a rep. The rep was reading me the directions of the I-129F and then transfered me to second level which did the same thing. The second level assured me that this address was good and they were accepting all express mail weather it be fed ex, ups or usps.

Yes - exactly. That IS the correct address, and it SHOULD get there, but there should also be some kind of confirmation. Keep an eye on the tracking info, too.

You paid for a guarantee of next day service, and a signature - so for FREE, you end up with one week delivery and not really knowing if they got it or not. Not too shabby of a deal, but you do need to confirm that they got it. BE SURE to claim your refund - let 'em know they screwed up big time.