Need help getting iphone into China

Thanks Pbatt..... I appreciate you thinking of helping me. Maybe somebody else will feel the same way.

David - you should read more about Apple products being brought into China - THEY (customs) ARE EXTREMELY STRICT - And the fee charged is as much as 1000 RMB (I think I read somewhere they charge 20% of what THEY determine the value to be).

Amaro... what is this post hurting? Why do you feel it is not of any value to me or any other member?

Thanks,

Scott

I have sent iPhones to china.... and carried them in... Your complicating this. This is your issue and your asking others why they are not rushing forward to help you... Your free to ask people but don't think they must do this favor. There are a few solutions but we are beating a dead horse here.

If your truly going to go to china within the year, just wait and take it... what is the rush to send it? (rhetorical... since chinese will follow whatever you tell them.. "I will bring it".)

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)

I would of brought it but when Scott posted this and I first read it I was leaving for Guilin in 10 hours, no time to get the phone to me, maybe next trip.The weather is cool for sure now in Guilin. Wish would see the sun anyway. But is still great to be back to China

Except for a day or two of sunshine, it's rained every day for going on two months now. The sunshine is nice when all the fragrant woods and herbs get laid out on the streets for drying.

Thanks Pbatt..... I appreciate you thinking of helping me. Maybe somebody else will feel the same way.

David - you should read more about Apple products being brought into China - THEY (customs) ARE EXTREMELY STRICT - And the fee charged is as much as 1000 RMB (I think I read somewhere they charge 20% of what THEY determine the value to be).

Amaro... what is this post hurting? Why do you feel it is not of any value to me or any other member?

Thanks,

Scott

I think you read in between the lines on my comment. I am referring to the fact that most (legal) possible options have been posted in this thread.

The only thing left to post in this thread is someone that is willing to do this task for you.

• 1 month later...

Thanks everybody for the help..... however..... I am now withdrawing my request for help in this matter.

Someone has come forward and offered to hand deliver the phone to my wifes son for me.

I guess there are some nice people still around... :)

Thanks Again,

Scott

Thanks everybody for the help..... however..... I am now withdrawing my request for help in this matter.

Someone has come forward and offered to hand deliver the phone to my wifes son for me.

I guess there are some nice people still around... :)

Thanks Again,

Scott

Im glad things worked out for you in the end....