Going to Interview but is it the date in letter or day after?

Hi there,

My fiancee got her interview letter. It says the Feb. 28th. Is that the interview date or a so-called "document intake" date that I've read about on the websites and the real interview date is the 29th. My attorney says interview is on the 28th, whatever the letter says. What is right?

Also my attorney says she will only need the Affidavit of support and additional evidence that I went to visit my fiancee 4 months ago to propose, which were not in original submitted papers. Just those two items. What do you guys think? I am getting nervous.

Who is right please?

wilfred

There should also be a time indicated on the letter. The document intake is the date and time indicated - this will be in the afternoon (12:30? - I forget exactly what time). The interview will be the next morning at 7:30AM.

It's real strange that they haven't caught up to their own process and altered the interview letters to be more specific, but the times tell you which is which. Afternoons for document intake Mon through Thurs, mornings (the next day) for interviews Tues through Friday.

Sounds like your lawyer is a general Immigrations lawyer, who is NOT familiar with Guangzhou, and does not take the time to look into things specific to your case.

Changes to Immigrant Visa Processing

As of Monday, December 6, 2010, Immigrant Visa (IV) applicants processing at Guangzhou will be required to go to the Consular Office at 12:30pm on the date specified on the appointment letter for fingerprint and document intake. The applicant(s) will then be required to return the following morning at 7:30am for their interview.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/changes-to-immigrant-visa-processing.html

As for what will be turned in at document intake.

The items listed in form OF-169 will be turned in along with the Envelope containing medical results from doing medical before interview. They will not accept any additional relationship evidence at document intake, bring this to the visa interview the next morning.

As for medical, is to best to get vaccinations done at this time, and get a DS-3025 completed and put in a separate sealed envelope for later use in the USA when adjusting status.

Useful info for you and your lawyer:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/general_information2.html

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm

If the appointment letter is dated for 12:30, Feb 28, 2012.

For Feb 28,

1. I-134 (original copy).

2. Income Tax Return, 1040 and W2 for 2011, 2010, 2009 -- photo copy.

3. Reports of medical check (you can do it 2 or 3 days before the interview)

If you stay at www.dameihotel666.com Mr. Yang will take your fiancee to the medical center without extra charge.

4. Notarized police certificate (no criminal record, it's only valid for one year )

5 Notarized birth certificate (it doesn't expire).

6. Notarized divorce certificate(it doesn't expire).

7. Notarized single certificate (valid for one year)

8. Copy of your fiancee’s passport, the first page.

9. Seven photos ( 50cm X 50cm , white background, don't wear any jewelry) five photos for medical check, 2 photos for the consulate.

10. Completed forms of Packet 4.

7:30am, Feb 29, 2012, visa interview, need documents to prove a bona fide relationship.

1. Statement of the relationship from you.

2. Copy of your passport, every page.

3. Used flight tickets, boarding pass of your trips to visit your fiancee.

4. Photos of you two together and you two with her family and friends.

5. Evidence of communication: emails, phone logs, chat records, regular mails, receipts of packages exchanged, if any.

Edited by SmilingAsia (see edit history)

Eunice is back in da house!!

Nice, informative post Eunice. Nice to see you are still involved. :)

Yep nice to see the post, she is mostly involved in person in Guangzhou.