Living in China and Confused

I would attach copies of passport pages showing entry stamps, and residency permit.

You will show this when dropping the petition at the DHS office.

I-130 question. On line 19 it asks for relative's address abroad. Since we are living together I just give the address for where we are living...Correct?

Line 21 last address we lived together would be the address we are at now? Also it asks for dates. I put the date we moved in but I'm unsure what to put for the second date or should I just leave it blank?

19, Yes Current address in China, "Abroad" is relevant to a person filing a petition in the USA, from that perspective China is "Abroad"

21, Yes Current address, note when you moved in together, as for second date, if allows, could note "Present" or write that in.

Here is what I have for a table of contents for my step daughter.

• Payment in the amount of $ 420.00
  • Form I-130
  • Passport style photo (Petitioner)
  • Passport style photo (Beneficiary)
  • Copy of US Passport (Petitioner)
  • Birth certificate of Step Daughter (Translated)
  • Marriage Certificate (Translated)
  • Copy of Petitioners Divorce Documents (Marriage 1)
  • Copy of Petitioners Divorce Documents (Marriage 2)
  • Copy of Spouse Divorce Documents (Marriage 1 Translated)
  • Copy of Spouse Divorce Documents (Marriage 2 Translated)
  • Affidavit Confirming Relationship
  • Affidavit Confirming Relationship
  • Photographs of Petitioner, Mother, and Beneficiary

I am concerned about the wording of the cover letter.

Enclosed please find my Form I-130, Petition for CR-1 Family Visa for - Should it be worded CR-1 Family Visa, CR-1 Step Daughter Visa? I'm not sure.

Also do I need the birth certificate or will a copy of her passport suffice?

My wife is out today getting the translations of all the necessary documents that are written in Chinese.

I guess it would be an I-130 for a CR-2 Visa?

Correct, I-130 for spouse CR-1 visa, and an additional I-130 for each CR-2 visa for step children under age 21 and under 18 at time of marriage.

No G-325A needed with the step children petition, however two G-325A forms are attached to spouse petition (Petitioner/Beneficiary).

Do I need both my copies of both my passport and birth certificate or just one or the other? I have both so it's not a problem either way.

One or the other. What this for is to prove US Citizenship, either works for this.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the body of my affidavits finished and I was wondering what changes need to be done to the header?

BEFORE THE UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

#A123456789

IN RE: JOINT PETITION OF

JOHN AND JANE SMITH TO

REMOVE CONDITIONS ON

RESIDENCE OF JANE SMITH

/

Also the person signing for the affidavits are a Canadian citizen and a Chinese citizen should I also include copies of their passport or identity papers? Or will the notary stamp be enough? Also am I filing this in support of the I-130 or the G-325A?

I have the body of my affidavits finished and I was wondering what changes need to be done to the header?

#A123456789

JOHN AND JANE SMITH TO

REMOVE CONDITIONS ON

RESIDENCE OF JANE SMITH

/

Also the person signing for the affidavits are a Canadian citizen and a Chinese citizen should I also include copies of their passport or identity papers? Or will the notary stamp be enough? Also am I filing this in support of the I-130 or the G-325A?

No need for A# one will not exist until a green-card is issued, and yes notary stamp should be sufficient, the notary is confirming identity of friends, the notary will check ID.

Filing in support of I-130.

G-325A is just a supporting document, it is not the petition. The G-325A is to show your biographical info and your spouse's bio info, also to show that you are not related.

#A123456789

JOHN AND JANE SMITH TO

REMOVE CONDITIONS ON

RESIDENCE OF JANE SMITH

/

No need for A# one will not exist until a green-card is issued, and yes notary stamp should be sufficient, the notary is confirming identity of friends, the notary will check ID.

Filing in support of I-130.

G-325A is just a supporting document, it is not the petition. The G-325A is to show your biographical info and your spouse's bio info, also to show that you are not related.

They used to include the A# on the NOA2 - has that changed?

They used to include the A# on the NOA2 - has that changed?

DCF case attaching affidavits to the initial I-130 petition long before an A# would be issued. And I don't believe DCF cases get a NOA2, it goes straight to P3 and P4. First they should see an A# would be the number on the green-card.

This is the end of the affidavit. Is there any changes I should make to the wording since I am filing in China and not the United States?

FURTHER AFFIANT SAYETH NAUGHT

Someone I know

STATE OF _____________ )

) ss.:

COUNTY OF ____________ )

Sworn to and subscribed before me this _____ day of _________, 2007, by Scott Greer, who personally appeared before me, is personally known to me or produced _____________________________ as identification, and did take an oath.

Notary:

[NOTARIAL SEAL] Print Name:

Notary Public, State of

My commission expires: