Living in China and Confused

When we needed affidavits for our removal of conditions we used the examples I linked a while back in this thread, there is no specific formal format, other than have friend print, sign date and provide contact info at the end of their statement.

Quick question on the bottom of the G-325a form there is a black box that asks for family name, given name and alien registration number. I would leave that blank since I am a citizen?

AR # is the number on your green-card you are a citizen so have none, however you do gill in your Family name, Given, and Middle in that box.

Also about numbers I-130, question #13, if you were born in the USA simply Check the box and leave the rest of the boxes and lines alone the lines for certificate number has to do with the check box next to them such as naturalization or birth abroad, NOT a US Birth Cert.

Here is my final workup for the wife's I-130 cover letter. Let me know if this looks like it will get the job done, or if I need to make any changes to it.

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

No. 1, Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133, PRC

August 24, 2012

Nature of the submission: I-130 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-130, Petition for CR-1 Spousal Visa for "WIFE" and supporting documents.

Contents include:

• Evolution Of Relationship
  • Payment in the amount of $ 420.00
  • Form I-130
  • G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)
  • G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)
  • US Passport (Petitioner)
  • Birth Certificate (Beneficiary Translated)
  • Chinese Passport Biographic Information Page (Beneficiary)
  • Marriage Certificate (Translated)
  • Copy of Petitioners Divorce Documents (Marriage 1)
  • Copy of Petitioners Divorce Documents (Marriage 2)
  • Copy of Spouse Divorce Documents (Marriage 1 Translated)
  • Copy of Spouse Divorce Documents (Marriage 2 Translated)
  • Affidavit Confirming Relationship
  • Affidavit Confirming Relationship
  • Photographs of Petitioner and Beneficiary together

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

This is the final cover letter and table of contents for my step daughters I-130 package. I was wondering if I have to submit the same affidavits of relationship as I am submitting for the wife or if I need affidavits saying that she's my wife's daughter or if I need them at all?

Enclosed please find my Form I-130, Petition for CR-2 Visa for Step Daughter, and supporting documents.

Contents include:

- Payment in the amount of $ 420.00

- Form I-130

- Passport style photo (Petitioner)

- Passport style photo (Beneficiary)

- Copy of US Passport (Petitioner)

- Copy of Chinese Passport Biographic Information Page (Beneficiary)

- Birth certificate of Step Daughter (Translated)

- Marriage Certificate (Translated)

- Copy of Petitioners Divorce Documents (Marriage 1)

- Copy of Petitioners Divorce Documents (Marriage 2)

- Copy of Spouse Divorce Documents (Marriage 1 Translated)

- Copy of Spouse Divorce Documents (Marriage 2 Translated)

- Affidavit Confirming Relationship

- Affidavit Confirming Relationship

Photographs of Petitioner, Spouse and Beneficiary

Looks good.

No affidavits needed attesting that she is in fact wife's daughter, copy of birth cert + translation does that.

If were in the states I would suggest 2 whole punch everything at the top of forms and use an ACCO fastener to bind everything together, over there perhaps get a large folder and binding clamp.

Write name on back side of photos and place in a plastic baggy and staple bag to a sheet of paper.

LOL....Dan, maybe you ought to pin this thread. Ol' Bubba has been very diligent with the questions and you've answered just about any questions that could be asked for a DCF.

Good luck at the wife's interview Bubba.

Ya know, now that I think about it, Bubba is a very good Chinese name....Zhang Bubba Li Bubba....has a fitting and pleasant ring to it. Most every male, and some females, I know are named Bubba....least ways that is what I call them by. I used to call everybody Buckwheat....draw it out in proper southern english style like it was two words...."Hey, Buck Wheat how you about handin' me that there double compound chop saw, honeybunch."

tsap seui

I don't care who you are, that's funny...lol

I'm on the home stretch for Gitten er dun...lol

Strange question that popped into my head during the Olympic opening ceremonies. On the country line can I list China or PRC? I was thinking PRC until the athletes came out and I told the wife and the step daughter they'd have to wait an hour or so for China since it's Peoples Republic of China. Then here they all came marching out with the "C's". So do I list China, PRC or does it really matter?

Yes - just a few years ago, there might have been some confusion, but now "China" seems to be universally recognized as referring to the People's Republic of. In fact, in the Olympics Taiwan is referred to as "Chinese Taipei", and Hong Kong is referred to as "Hong Kong, China".

Good didn't want to have to change all my China's to PRC's...lol

Question on my step daughter's I-130 do I list my past marriages? Since I'm married to her mother is my past marriages relevant to her I-130?

Yep still relevant, need evidence that you are married to parent, and have severed marriages from prior wives, (Divorce papers) Simply note the prior marriages, and attach copies of divorce papers.

Note, Mother and Daughter I-130 petitions need to be able to stand on their own, treat them and separate cases and do not try to share any evidence among them.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting closer to the trip to Guangzhou. I have a few more minor questions. I haven't signed any of the documents, is it OK to sign them now or do I have to do that in front of the people at the consulate? Also do I need an I-864 now or does that form get filed later? I seem to remember someone telling me that I don't need to file an I-864 since I was living in China for the CR-1 visa.

Also a good hotel near the Consulate? The last time I was there I stayed a good deal away from the consulate and I would like to be closer to the consulate.