K1 interview with the visa officer...in Chinese or English

Hi all. I know this has probably been addressed here before but I can't find this. Any advice on whether it hurts or helps for my fiancee to do her interview with the visa officer in Chinese? My fiancee teaches english and her english is good, but there are those times where she gets a word or two confused and its down hill from there. Her comfort level to do the interview in Chinese is MUCH higher then doing the interview in English. We want to be as safe and mistake free as possible.

thanks everyone

Hi all. I know this has probably been addressed here before but I can't find this. Any advice on whether it hurts or helps for my fiancee to do her interview with the visa officer in Chinese? My fiancee teaches english and her english is good, but there are those times where she gets a word or two confused and its down hill from there. Her comfort level to do the interview in Chinese is MUCH higher then doing the interview in English. We want to be as safe and mistake free as possible.

thanks everyone

Comfort level is important and can even be a determining factor. Make sure she feels comfortable with switching to Chinese when she wants to, especially since her level of understanding with a strange person can be lower.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

My wife's case was same, English teacher but a little rough.

She interviewed in English, but I told her for any question she did not understand to ask to repeat in Chinese.

One thing they are looking for is how you communicate, if interview in Chinese only they may ask for evidence that you know Chinese, this is worse case. If you do communicate in Chinese and most of your communication evidence like emails is in Chinese then interview in Chinese is fine.