Hi all...another question. I sent in everything that was required with the I-129f back in September (photos, proof of meeting, chats, my birth certificate...etc). My fiancee has been told that we should have also sent in her birth certificate and her sons with the I-129f. Can anyone tell me if this is true? I read a lot before sending everything in and NO WHERE did I find that we should send in her birth certificate or copy of her passport for that matter.

Thanks everyone

Hi all...another question. I sent in everything that was required with the I-129f back in September (photos, proof of meeting, chats, my birth certificate...etc). My fiancee has been told that we should have also sent in her birth certificate and her sons with the I-129f. Can anyone tell me if this is true? I read a lot before sending everything in and NO WHERE did I find that we should send in her birth certificate or copy of her passport for that matter.

Thanks everyone

Nope, foreign birth certs are needed at the visa interview for K-1/K-2, not with initial petition.

In the case of your birth cert, it is to prove you are a US Citizen, other options would have been, Bio page from your passport, or if naturalized citizen, copy of cert of naturalization.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Thanks Dan. My fiancee gets a lot of info from girls on QQ and 001 and they told her last night that we were supposed to submit a certified copy of her birth certificate when we sent in all the I-129f stuff. She was upset so I told her I would come on CFL and ask the experts :-) Thanks Dan.