Filed DCF.. wrong phone number ..now what?

So after I looked our our petition several times I thought that all the information was correct. It was only AFTER I had filed that my husband realized the phone number we put down is incorrect T.T I suspect this is important because when I was filing the woman asked for my chinese phone number. So my question is what do I do now? How do I make sure they have the correct phone number? *bangs head on wall*

Wait for approval notice, then email Guangzhou corrected number using case number, and the consulate online contact form.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

OR If DHS gave you a case number, fax or email them a corrected contact number.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/cis.html

so it wont effect how they notify me? When I get the notice it comes in the mail right?

Nope, normally the notify by mail. The phone number is used sometimes to confirm mailing address.

Again No Worries .

Time to kick back and wait.

so it wont effect how they notify me? When I get the notice it comes in the mail right?

Nope, normally the notify by mail. The phone number is used sometimes to confirm mailing address.

Again No Worries .

Time to kick back and wait.

Alright awesome :D Also.. another thing i dont quite understand. Something that else that has kinda been buggin' me is she asked me for my chinese address in CHINESE (because I had written it in english because I dont write or speak chinese) what i dont understand is why she could possibly need this.. considering I was told that chinese citizens who work for the government are suppose to have no involvement in case handling.. and seeing as any american working in guangzhou would speak and read my chinese address in english just fine. Idk maybe I'm being paranoid but after a bad incident I had at chengdu which resulted in me contacted my senator and him being very upset by what was going on there (long story) I was told to be cautious of things..

Alright awesome :D Also.. another thing i dont quite understand. Something that else that has kinda been buggin' me is she asked me for my chinese address in CHINESE (because I had written it in english because I dont write or speak chinese) what i dont understand is why she could possibly need this.. considering I was told that chinese citizens who work for the government are suppose to have no involvement in case handling.. and seeing as any american working in guangzhou would speak and read my chinese address in english just fine. Idk maybe I'm being paranoid but after a bad incident I had at chengdu which resulted in me contacted my senator and him being very upset by what was going on there (long story) I was told to be cautious of things..

Some Chinese citizens are in fact involved, the Chinese POST OFFICE needs a Chinese address so that they can deliver the approval notice, Packet 3 and Packet 4 to your address in China.

For example the US Consulate address in Guangzhou is:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

Or in Chinese:

¹ãÖÝÊÐɳÃæÄϽÖ1ºÅ

ÃÀ¹úפ¹ãÖÝ×ÜÁìʹÝ

Óʱࣺ510133

Some Chinese citizens are in fact involved, the Chinese POST OFFICE needs a Chinese address so that they can deliver the approval notice, Packet 3 and Packet 4 to your address in China.

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

Or in Chinese:

¹ãÖÝÊÐɳÃæÄϽÖ1ºÅ

ÃÀ¹úפ¹ãÖÝ×ÜÁìʹÝ

Óʱࣺ510133

Forgive me if I'm a bit naive in this.. I send all my mail to the US in english as does my husband so I wasnt aware that they NEEDED it, I just figured at best it was just more convenient that way. I just wish they would have asked for it that way on the form so I could have had my husband fill it out that way. Since they wont let him come with me or let me ask him via cell phone

Forgive me if I'm a bit naive in this.. I send all my mail to the US in english as does my husband so I wasnt aware that they NEEDED it, I just figured at best it was just more convenient that way. I just wish they would have asked for it that way on the form so I could have had my husband fill it out that way. Since they wont let him come with me or let me ask him via cell phone

Yep, sometimes the procedure is vague.

If you did give foreign address in pinyin, in most cases this is fine.

I-130 part C 2 and 19 ask for the address abroad, yes not specified to use Chinese characters, however I-130 line 20 says "If your relative's native alphabet is other than Roman letters, write his or her name and foreign address in the native alphabet." this is why the DHS asked for the address in Chinese, to help in mailing out the approval notice and the two consulate packets.

Again I would simply email this info to the DHS email address, provide them with your name and DOB and spouse's name and DOB to identify your case to them.

CIS-Guangzhou.Inquiries@dhs.gov

http://guangzhou.use...org.cn/cis.html

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

Or in Chinese:

¹ãÖÝÊÐɳÃæÄϽÖ1ºÅ

ÃÀ¹úפ¹ãÖÝ×ÜÁìʹÝ

Óʱࣺ510133

I can send and receive mail to and from the U.S. with the western lettering, but one time I tried to mail a letter to another city in China with only a Pinyin address. The post office wouldn't accept it - they said it had to be in Chinese. Pinyin is not precise - each syllable translates to as many as 20+ characters. It's usually adequate for mail from a foreign country, but someone in the Chinese post office will have to translate it to the Chinese characters for you.

For outgoing mail, "USA" or "ÃÀ¹ú" is enough to get it to the right country. For incoming mail, the city code will get it to the right city, but then someone at that post office has to identify the Chinese characters.

The petitioner's address is usually in the U.S., so they don't say 'use native language', but they do specify 'native alphabet' for your husband's address (blank # 20).

If the Guangzhou USCIS is anything like the Beijing USCIS, they respond quickly to email. Email them the correct phone number and your address in Chinese characters. This should fix your issue. If you don't have their email address, it should be on the GUZ website and/or www.USCIS.gov. Look up the Guangzhou Field Office.

If the Guangzhou USCIS is anything like the Beijing USCIS, they respond quickly to email. Email them the correct phone number and your address in Chinese characters. This should fix your issue. If you don't have their email address, it should be on the GUZ website and/or www.USCIS.gov. Look up the Guangzhou Field Office.

Contact info above: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44291-filed-dcf-wrong-phone-number-now-what/page__view__findpost__p__582908

• 2 weeks later...

ok so I had emailed guangzhou about this matter.. about a little less than 2 weeks ago and they replied back saying they had updated their records regarding this information. So i had put it out of my brain UNTIL I got this email today..

"Please note that we have received your petition from USCIS in Guangzhou office, however, we failed to continue with this petition since Mr. ****¡¯s mailing address in file is not in Chinese characters. Furthermore, Mr. ****'s phone number 0871-69081175 recorded in file is also invalid. Could you provide us with Mr. ****¡¯s mailing address in Chinese characters, along with postal code and contact phone number? Please send this information through web form at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html"

I'm really freaking out now T.T what will this do to our petition? Does it get tossed aside? This obviously screws up our wait time right?

But hey at least we have a case number now <_<

ok so I had emailed guangzhou about this matter.. about a little less than 2 weeks ago and they replied back saying they had updated their records regarding this information. So i had put it out of my brain UNTIL I got this email today..

"Please note that we have received your petition from USCIS in Guangzhou office, however, we failed to continue with this petition since Mr. ****¡¯s mailing address in file is not in Chinese characters. Furthermore, Mr. ****'s phone number 0871-69081175 recorded in file is also invalid. Could you provide us with Mr. ****¡¯s mailing address in Chinese characters, along with postal code and contact phone number? Please send this information through web form at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html"

I'm really freaking out now T.T what will this do to our petition? Does it get tossed aside? This obviously screws up our wait time right?

But hey at least we have a case number now <_<

ALWAYS reply to a request for information AND include the information they're asking for, even if you had just sent it to them YESTERDAY.

The pieces all have to fall in the correct place for your petition to continue - the mailing address, the phone number, and the re-ACTIVATED petition. Assume that it DID get tossed aside, and that you can re-activate it by sending the information (again) they're asking for.

Of course, they could put 2 and 2 together and do that themselves, but there's no reason to count on that happening.