A lil' help please

tsap seui

We have the rare opportunity with the first dibs to buy 3 houses on 2 1/2 acres that totals 6 apartments. Each apartment brings in $450 per month. I know the property well as I used to rent an apartment there. The owner and I got alone well and he's in poor health now and has no family to give it to.

I would like for this to be in Wenyan's name only.

I've seen or heard it bounced around somewhere about government loans to immigrants to help them start up a business.

Is this true? Is this something feasible to try?

Anyone done this?

It's a heckuva offering and opportunity and I'd love for it to be Wenyan's for her future and to help her build up some SS quarters.

tsap seui

I cantz hep ya wiffin the infumshun but sounds to me like a guud dadburn deal!!!! Go fer it and good luck!! ;)

Yessir, and the asking price is $50,000. :lol: :lol:

tsap seui

Whoowee Ronny that sounds like a great buy. $50,000 will buy you a plot about the size of a match box around my parts of the woods. Now you have let out the sekret all them yankee's will be wanting to move in a raise up the cost of living there in you little burg. My taxes raised up 320% in just one year about three years ago and about 20% ever year since because of all the retired folks from up north coming down and moving in. It took them a long time to find us but when they did they want to buy the whole place. One ole billion air was going to buy 1500 acres and build his own town on it and the Marine Corps found out about his plans and bought it out from under him. They don't like much development to close to them and this property was just across the road from the base.

Larry

Whoowee Ronny that sounds like a great buy. $50,000 will buy you a plot about the size of a match box around my parts of the woods. Now you have let out the sekret all them yankee's will be wanting to move in a raise up the cost of living there in you little burg. My taxes raised up 320% in just one year about three years ago and about 20% ever year since because of all the retired folks from up north coming down and moving in. It took them a long time to find us but when they did they want to buy the whole place. One ole billion air was going to buy 1500 acres and build his own town on it and the Marine Corps found out about his plans and bought it out from under him. They don't like much development to close to them and this property was just across the road from the base.

Larry

Somehow this place has escaped all the tax increases and clutter of yankees, Larry. We're only 2 hours from DC and fortunate for us the city folks only come up cheer as tourists. You see them walking around gawking at all the historic places George Washington and Abe Lincoln did some of their historic things in. George turned over his Continental Army command here and returned east to be the president. Luckily, with that VA award real estate taxes are going to be a thing of the past for us, at least for our home. Then again, that is only saving us $1,000 a year as our real estate tax is only $960. :o

Today my realtor presented our contract for that land and house deal. And the seller accepted it and signed his name. We got it signed just before the notice for the sale goes onto the MLS computer. I expect the realtor is going to be swamped with calls on it tomorrow.

This is going to be Wenyan's security for the future. We were just lucky to get the insider scoop on the place. Back in 2010 when the feller was in good health he was offered $145,000 for the place by an investor who wanted to build townhouses on it. The poor guy, thinking he was going ot live forever he turned the guy down. I plan on getting the taps for sewer and water put in so we can build some townhouses on it.

Larry, I can't remember the name they are called to save my life, but many areas of North Carolina get "bounce back" yankees who retired to Florida and found it too hot, muggy, and buggy and then they move to the mountains or beach areas of North Carolina. Do you know what that name is? It just escapes me. I first heard of it in the mountains of Murphy, NC.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Tsap I don't remember it either. I've heard it before but it has been a long time. There is speculation that this place will become another Myrtle Beach. The way it's goin I would not doubt it. You got a real steal of a deal on that Ronny.

Larry

LArry, I know the seller. He's another vet and I just happened to run into him at teh VA hospital last week. He's gone downhill really quickly and I barely recognized him. Anyhow, he told me the story and offered me first shot and the property.

Just dumb luck to get it. I had done repairs to the apartments back in 2008 and know the place well from living in one of them earlier.

Sounds like you guys are going to go through a boom there. Hang onto yore hat during the ride. :lol:

tsap seui

Tsap I don't remember it either. I've heard it before but it has been a long time. There is speculation that this place will become another Myrtle Beach. The way it's goin I would not doubt it. You got a real steal of a deal on that Ronny.

Larry

I totally agree, Larry! Tsapper, you're one lucky sonofagun! Look out, Donald, there is a new real estate king lurking in the shadows!

Larry

I totally agree, Larry! Tsapper, you're one lucky sonofagun! Look out, Donald, there is a new real estate king lurking in the shadows!

:lol: Guys, it was just pure dumb luck to run into my friend at the VA hospital. I felt bad for him when he told me his story and when he made me the offer I even told him it was worth 3 times that much but he has no family, is well off, and wants to just pass it off, said if he has to die then he'd rather it went to someone he knows instead of just another investor.

I'm happy, and sad. Sad that we will lose yet another Vietnam vet to agent orange. A truly nice guy. HIs kindness will not be wasted, it'll all go to Wenyan's security for the future...well, and maybe a new Harley later in 2012. I've been without, and haven't swung a leg over a Hawg for 3 years now, some itches just HAVE to be scratched and Wenyan says she loves to ride a motorcycle....cough, cough if them motorscooter taxis she rode on in Chiner could be called "motorcycles".. Wait till she climbs on a ground shakin' chopper and we go make some Harley music in the back mountain roads around here.

Kyle, it's pretty easy to be a real estate king up here. We're only 2 hours from DC but the prices for real estate here aren't even what a down payment would be for a similar sized home around DC. :lol:

My mother always said she should have named me "lucky". This is an incredible amount of good luck were having in 2011. Happy I can post some good things after being the Candle Poster Boy for The Sad Sack of the Year Award.....4 years in a row. :o Mebbe I should go buy a lottery ticket before December ends. :lol:

tsap seui

Well, everything got signed today and looks like we go to settlement on January 13th. While we were writing up the sales agreement my realtor got two calls asking if htey could show the property today. He shakes his head and says how the heck did they find out I even have this property, I've told now one and haven't even put it in the MLS yet? Since he's the listing agent all the other realtors have to go through him to show it. The seller signed the contract and we're safe as far as you can be in real estate. I know some investors are going to up the ante on the price as you could buy it for $50,000, do nothing to it and flip it $100,000, having it still sell as soon as it hit the MLS. I went to see the seller this afternoon and thanked him once again for the gift he's is giving Wenyan, and I. He said no problem and not to worry if a bidding war started as we had the first contract and he wants us to buy the place.

What a heck of a nice guy he is to do this. Just like the 100" award from the VA, I can't believe our luck with being able to buy a working income stream apartment complex at a give away price. Wenyan is going to be set for life now, no matter what happens to me. Dear ol' cuzin' Bobby sure put the fear of Wenyan's security in the future into my head when we saw what happened to him and his family with his so sudden and untimely death.

In November I had set up a bank account with the rabbit's name DBA "CM Solutions". Behind the scenes that CM stands for "Chairman Mao". Anyhow, we're gonna get it set up for the property management company to write the checks to CM Solutions. Only she will have control of the funds.

I am humbled and just amazed at our luck both in Guangzhou and the 4 short months my family has been in America. To have Wenyan's future taken care of like this and so early takes a huge load off of my mind.

The unlikely and unorthodox Wenyan and I met we always said God set us up to meet. Well sir, no matter what you think about that....SOMEBODY is sure looking out for us. I can't take any credit at all....all I did was make applications for Wenyan and with the VA.....and hang the heck on. This last bit of luck came about because I happened to walk through the rotating door as the was walking out. We saw each other and I went back outside to say hello. Fate? :)

tsap seui