Chinese Passport Question

Vinny

Hi Everyone,

My Wife wanted to know how we can change the Last Name on her Chinese Passport from her Maiden name to our Married name. Is there a place that can do this? Her Green Card my Last Name but her China Passport still has her Maiden name.

Thanks,

Vinny and Qing

You can have an AKA or amendment added to it by the Chinese Consulate having jurisdiction over your home residence in the USA.

You will find what yo need here: http://www.visarite.com/Chinese_Passport_Name_Amendment.htm

Or, you can do like my wife did, and not bother, any international travel she did we booked airfare using the name in her passport. Any domestic (USA) travel we used green-card name or driver's license name. In my wife's case her first passport that will have married name will be the shiny blue (USA) one she will be applying for next month on or after Jan 12, when she becomes a US Citizen.

Thank you Dan and Congratulations to your Wife. The reason I am asking is because my Wife had no problem leaving the States, flying to HK, and into Mainland China. Problem was coming home. She was stopped at Shenzhen, China crossing over to HK because they were questioning her Last Name on Chinese Passport and Green Card. The Green Card will allow her to cross back into HK. They questioned her again at HK International Airport because the of the Last Name. Plane ticket showed her Maiden Name and Green Card well you know. She was actually pulled to the side for questioning.

Thank you Dan and Congratulations to your Wife. The reason I am asking is because my Wife had no problem leaving the States, flying to HK, and into Mainland China. Problem was coming home. She was stopped at Shenzhen, China crossing over to HK because they were questioning her Last Name on Chinese Passport and Green Card. The Green Card will allow her to cross back into HK. They questioned her again at HK International Airport because the of the Last Name. Plane ticket showed her Maiden Name and Green Card well you know. She was actually pulled to the side for questioning.

Many when traveling that way carry a photo copy of marriage cert showing name change for green-card.

When my Wife traveled to China last year, she had no issues like that, and did not have copy of marriage cert with her, perhaps Beijing airport is an easier connection than HK.