What is needed at POE airport?

K1 will need vaccine records for adjustment of status later after marriage.

Did you do vaccinations as part of medical? And did they do a DS3025 and seal in an envelope for later use? If so keep it sealed, and you will mail this to USCIS when filing I-485 to adjust status after marriage, a compleated DS3025 will save yoy from having to do an I-693.

All thats needed at POE is Sealed immigrations packet, and passport with visa, keep in carry on baggage.

K1 will need vaccine records for adjustment of status later after marriage.

Did you do vaccinations as part of medical? And did they do a DS3025 and seal in an envelope for later use? If so keep it sealed, and you will mail this to USCIS when filing I-485 to adjust status after marriage, a compleated DS3025 will save yoy from having to do an I-693.

All thats needed at POE is Sealed immigrations packet, and passport with visa, keep in carry on baggage.

Excellent!! Thanks all :)

Where is this sealed immigration packet or brown envelop you are talking about? Will we get this from GUZ with the passport/visa via EMS?

It will be a large sealed envelope included with passport, the envelope will have one corner missing so that can see content of packet.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/Immigration/BrownEnvelope/brown_env_back.jpg

Where is this sealed immigration packet or brown envelop you are talking about? Will we get this from GUZ with the passport/visa via EMS?

It will be a large sealed envelope included with passport, the envelope will have one corner missing so that can see content of packet.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/Immigration/BrownEnvelope/brown_env_back.jpg

Gotcha - Thanks.I was getting worried for a second thinking we lost it, We just havent received it yet :)

We received our final approval letter/call in letter Nov 27th. It said to mail back Lili's passport with return waybill/EMS. We did this on the same day. We are still waiting for the passport/visa.

Question - Did we need to include a copy of the final approval letter too? It didnt ask for it but Lili said a friend told her she needed to send this as well.................

Thanks,

Matt and Lili

I have had the unintended pleasure of 2 POEs... JFK and SFO... and as one might surmise... east and west are worlds apart. SFO was incredibly easier. Just my experience... X2.

I have always split the difference, Chicago, and Detroit have been my POE of choice, fairly painless.

We received our final approval letter/call in letter Nov 27th. It said to mail back Lili's passport with return waybill/EMS. We did this on the same day. We are still waiting for the passport/visa.

Question - Did we need to include a copy of the final approval letter too? It didnt ask for it but Lili said a friend told her she needed to send this as well.................

Thanks,

Matt and Lili

In the instructions that come with the approval they tell you to write your casefile on either the EMS waybill you enclose or possibly on the outside of the envelope you send which should be enough to identify your case. We included a copy of the approval notice more as a belt and suspenders approach.

I have had the unintended pleasure of 2 POEs... JFK and SFO... and as one might surmise... east and west are worlds apart. SFO was incredibly easier. Just my experience... X2.

I have always split the difference, Chicago, and Detroit have been my POE of choice, fairly painless.

Actually I am referring to FIRST-TIME POE for an immigrating alien... after the first time, any POE experience should be fairly painless.

Actually I am referring to FIRST-TIME POE for an immigrating alien... after the first time, any POE experience should be fairly painless.

Chicago was my wife's first POE when coming to the USA on her K-1 back in 2007.

Chicago was my wife's first POE when coming to the USA on her K-1 back in 2007.

Just recently, LAX was a breeze. Less than 30 minutes.