Scanning docs and pics into powepoint

I am putting together my K1 application. I have been putting together a powerpoint with all documents needed for the application (minus actual sigs) which I plan to print out in color.

Some pictures I have cropped or enlarged from the original photo. Does this matter? Should I turn in hardcopy pics in addition to printed color pics?

I am planning to use screenshots of chatting? Is this acceptable evidence? I would think a screenshot is better than a big wall of instant messaging text.

Some scanned documents have been digitally enlarged as well.

All things were done to improve readablitity and improve the actual pics.

Am I heading down a wrong path by organizing this way?

Should I just do things "the old fashion way"?

Thanks for any insight and recomendations.

We did the old photo copy way.

B&W of everything including photos together in various places around home city in china, including a picture of me and my wife's family, I believe I included 7 pictures, I noted on the back side of the pics where, when, and with who the pic was taken.

A couple screenshots of web-chats, a couple sample emails, and a log of all emails, chats, and Skype calls.

Color copies are not necessary for USCIS or even later.

Photo copy docs, do not enlarge, leave as is.

The presentation is up to you. Yes, readability and presentability can be important. Many people will print digital pictures to an 8½x11 page - to my way of thinking, this is more presentable than having them thumb through a stack of loose photos. Color is good - not necessary.

Documents would most likely be scanned to the same size, however even a photocopy machine can print to a larger size. Remember that you are basically under oath that what you are submitting is a true copy of the original - use your own judgement as to the size.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I agree with prior comments, legibility should be the primary concern. However, this is my first time through the process, therefore I do not profess to be an expert on the machinations of our government.

When preparing our I-129F petition, with all of the assorted attachments and statements, I used my flat-bed HP color scanner. I saved all of the scans of the converted documents into Adobe PDF files. Made an "Immigration" file in my Mac Pro, organized by Form number (i.e., completed form, supporting statements, etc.), Documents (i.e., birth, divorce, letters, etc.), Petition Evidence (i.e., photos, travel itineraries, boarding passes, Skype/Yahoo transcripts, etc.). When everything was completed and scanned, I printed 2 copies (1 for each of us), scanned a copy of the completed petition document and burned 2 CDs (1 for each of us) of the completed petition document. I assembled the completed petition document, and copies, with a 2-hole paper punch and fasteners. I "snail mailed" (certified, return receipt required) the original completed document to the USCIS drop-box in Dallas, Texas.

Maybe my process was too long and unnecessary, but hey, it's my story and I am sticking to it.....hehe... :rolleyes: All I have gotten so far from USCIS is the NOA1 over a month ago, no RFEs yet....time will tell. We hopefully have everything crossed,... "t's," fingers, legs, eyes.. awaiting an affirmative response from the CSC.

Good fortune and patience to all during this arduous process.

Happy Holidays,

The B of A&B

As much as creating a PPT or PDF is... My gut says to not alter original documents too much. Keep them to original size. PDF later. Pictures can be done in various ways: On sheets or alone or in a small book. I would recommend the first for USCIS but the last for GUZ.

Screen shots of chatting is ok but they don't really care for this. The actual chat log is better. Why? Because if GUZ wants to see your face they will ask for pictures not a chat screen shot; they may ignore the latter, even if offered.

I have come full circle on this process, having done it twice; once as K1 and then as CR1. I have been as careful in my study, research, and observation of what USCIS and GUZ seems to want to see and cares to see. Here is my feeling at this point:

1. USCIS really doesn't care about evidence. it is not a requirement for the petition but we often say to "front-load" and that has become a beacon of light for GUZ to preview. In many cases this is useful but some have to know that GUZ won't care about it. It remains good advice but don't hang your hat on having done all that is necessary.

2. GUZ may be more dependent on which VO you get and what they want to see and care about. Some will not want to see any evidence and others may look at it. Best advise is have it on-hand but the best evidence is the beneficiary's knowledge (aka. answers to questions).

3. The only common denominator (other than answers) seems to be pictures together. Whether easy or hard cases, they tend to ask for this and will ignore all other evidence.

Build up time together and knowledge of your life.

Best to you.