On a related note, something I've been trying to find (without much success) is where I can download Chinese subtitles for things. I've tried the sites I'm aware of, subscene and the like, and found more failure than success. Have any you guys looked into this before? My hope is to be able to find something I can plug into XBMC to make use of its semi-automatic system.

I think the Chinese subtitles are generally embedded into the movie, but are now getting harder to find. For these, try verycd.com and funshun.com

Here's a list of 9,925 actual subtitle files - http://www.all4divx.com/subtitles/allmovies/Chinese/1

I gave up on paying for cable a few years ago. However I was really addicted to my ReplayTV DVR! Now I just have a dead coax cable hooked up to the antenna lead.

High speed internet is a better value for watching shows I like, and if I really like a show I can see about picking up a box set nice and cheap on eBay, or even at the library.

SC

There's a simple word that most of us have for TV - it's OPTIONAL.

Most of us use it for what it's worth - and turn it off the rest of the time.

Even there, it's OPTIONAL.

That's really funny Randy. Once again I find myself, and now my family, not included in the term "most of us". :lol:

For the life of me, and for two weeks I tried my best, but I can't find any worth in giving $38 a month to a company who floods me with letters and e-mails about how much better my life is by having them, yet no one turns on their product. :lol:

When I was in China for those months months last spring and summer I watched the TV over there but in America I find I have a life and the box that talks is only a distraction to our happy lil' family when we talk about our day.

Thanks for the idea that TV is "OPTIONAL", with that wonderful knowledge this family has checked the SEND IT BACK option. :) Maybe there will be more uninteruppted bandwith for the "most of us" out there. ;)

Goodbye Simpson's and Seinfeld. :D

tsap seui

That's really funny Randy. Once again I find myself, and now my family, not included in the term "most of us". :lol:

For the life of me, and for two weeks I tried my best, but I can't find any worth in giving $38 a month to a company who floods me with letters and e-mails about how much better my life is by having them, yet no one turns on their product. :lol:

When I was in China for those months months last spring and summer I watched the TV over there but in America I find I have a life and the box that talks is only a distraction to our happy lil' family when we talk about our day.

Thanks for the idea that TV is "OPTIONAL", with that wonderful knowledge this family has checked the SEND IT BACK option. :) Maybe there will be more uninteruppted bandwith for the "most of us" out there. ;)

tsap seui

SOME of us work the remote control to its full advantage - including the 'Off' button. But I'm sure you gots something better to do with those fingers.

tsap seui

SOME of us work the remote control to its full advantage - including the 'Off' button. But I'm sure you gots something better to do with those fingers.

Ahh....what is a remote control? Is that something NASA uses to fly spaceships to see the Spyder Men on Mars and to check out them hemroids that are floatin' in space waitin' to plop down on earth and kill all the dinersoars? :D

Yes, these fingers are for "curve exploration" on dat lil' Brer Rabbit. ;)

tsap seui

Postin' between trips to clean out 2 of my 3 storage sheds...now that I am in a house again and have moved out of my 10X13 cardboard box. :o

Pretty cool, get rid of two of teh storage sheds and we'll only be payin' $85 more for a hoiuse than we did for an old apartment...yuk yuk yuk