conflicting information re: visa pick-up

My fiancee & I are making post-interview plans (her interview is on Nov 1). Assuming all goes well, my understanding is her K1 visa will be ready for pick-up in Guangzhou within three days:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/china-post-delivery-throughout-china.html

As she doesn't live in one of the mail-delivery cities, pick-up in Guangzhou would seem to be the only option. However...

My fiancee is telling me that this information isn't current, and that people on the 001 site are telling her that mail delivery is the only option.

Sorry for asking a such a basic question... but we're getting conflicting information... and it's not like we've done this before... :-)

Many thanks!

My fiancee & I are making post-interview plans (her interview is on Nov 1). Assuming all goes well, my understanding is her K1 visa will be ready for pick-up in Guangzhou within three days:

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/china-post-delivery-throughout-china.html

As she doesn't live in one of the mail-delivery cities, pick-up in Guangzhou would seem to be the only option. However...

My fiancee is telling me that this information isn't current, and that people on the 001 site are telling her that mail delivery is the only option.

Sorry for asking a such a basic question... but we're getting conflicting information... and it's not like we've done this before... :-)

Many thanks!

It is mailed to a post office in Guangzhou, which is where she will pick it up.

That link you posted is not current, the page I will link to contains the most current information: China Post Delivery Of Approved Immigrant Visas Now Available To Applicants Throughout China

I don't think mail delivery is the only option, but it is an option (IMO, the most convenient option).

That link you posted is not current, the page I will link to contains the most current information: China Post Delivery Of Approved Immigrant Visas Now Available To Applicants Throughout China

I don't think mail delivery is the only option, but it is an option (IMO, the most convenient option).

Like I said, it MUST be mailed to a post office - pick-up at the consulate has NOT been an option for as far back as I'm aware.

Thanks for clearing this up so quickly. I need to be more careful sifting through search results on the consulate site. The link I posted is the first that's returned for a "visa pickup" search.

So, the question now is... how much time should we allow for mail delivery of the visa after the interview? A week? More?

Thanks again!

Thanks for clearing this up so quickly. I need to be more careful sifting through search results on the consulate site. The link I posted is the first that's returned for a "visa pickup" search.

So, the question now is... how much time should we allow for mail delivery of the visa after the interview? A week? More?

Thanks again!

If all goes well it takes 2-3 days after interview to arrive at the post office near consulate.

Like I said, it MUST be mailed to a post office - pick-up at the consulate has NOT been an option for as far back as I'm aware.

A clarification, It must be mailed but not necessarily to the Guangzhou Post Office though as Randy said this option continues to be available. If you don't want to wait around in GUZ for the 3 days( and there are reports of it taking up to 14 days though that I think this is rare) you can mail it COD to your residence in 268 cities in China. The change is this used to be only 9 Cities in China and now covers most of China. The COD package will be delivered to your home. They called my wife a few hours before they wanted to deliver to make sure she would be home. So make sure your wife/fiance's telephone number is on the package.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by wateress, October 20, 2011 - not appropriate wording
Hidden by wateress, October 20, 2011 - not appropriate wording

Thanks again!

Getting the visa packet in 3 days or so is the ideal scenario, however for many applicants, it's not the case. Many people have shared their experience on 001 and the time differs from person to person, but sparing 2 weeks is suggested for the delivery since the consulate's efficiency has not been as great lately.

Edited by wateress (see edit history)