Hong Kong $6000 handout

Hi Everyone,

Not sure where I needed to post this question. I am trying to find out if my Mother can take advantage of the HK $6,000 handout. My Mother has and old HK Identification Card. If she is able to can she do this online w/o having to travel back to HK?

Thanks,

Vinny

Hi Everyone,

Not sure where I needed to post this question. I am trying to find out if my Mother can take advantage of the HK $6,000 handout. My Mother has and old HK Identification Card. If she is able to can she do this online w/o having to travel back to HK?

Thanks,

Vinny

To receive the handout, eligible citizens are required to register with local banks or post offices in the city, the government said, adding registration will start on Aug. 28.

HK$6,000 Cash Handouts to Start in November

That would just about pay for half of a round trip ticket. HK$6,000 is about USD$700.

From the HK government - http://www.scheme6000.gov.hk/eng/index.html

The eligibility date for “Scheme $6,000” is 31 March 2012. Anyone who is aged 18 or above and holds a valid HKPIC on that date meets the eligibility criteria of the Scheme.

. . .

35. Do registrants have to collect the cheque in person at a post office? Can they authorise another person to collect the cheque for them?

Registrants must collect the cheque in person at the post office and show their identity card for verification of identity. Registrants cannot authorise another person to collect the cheque for them.

. . .

Eligible persons who have a local Hong Kong dollar savings or current account in their sole name may register through banks and receive payment through the specified bank account

They also provide a mailing address for registration, so she may be able to.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,

Vinny

If your mother has an open bank account in Hong Kong, then she can claim the money. Original signatures by mail will be required.