November interview group

Question for you all. I expect our interview will be in November. Hoping anyway. Sent the P3 packet back 3 weeks ago now. How important is it for the fiance to be at the interview? From what I've read here and on other sites, it almost seems as though the decision is made even before the interview occurs. If that's the case, then I'd rather save my money on things we can do after she comes. But if the consensus is it helps for the fiance to be physically present... if it can sway the outcome... I'll be there in heartbeat! What advice would you all give me??? - Scott

Question for you all. I expect our interview will be in November. Hoping anyway. Sent the P3 packet back 3 weeks ago now. How important is it for the fiance to be at the interview? From what I've read here and on other sites, it almost seems as though the decision is made even before the interview occurs. If that's the case, then I'd rather save my money on things we can do after she comes. But if the consensus is it helps for the fiance to be physically present... if it can sway the outcome... I'll be there in heartbeat! What advice would you all give me??? - Scott

This can be a tough call, things I would consider:

1. How many trips have you taken to see her, if only 1 or 2, her having your passport at the interview signifying you are there might make a difference.
  2. How familiar is she with your immigration case? The 12+ hours between document intake and interview does give you a window to generate documents that are wrong or missing. Could she do this with your assistance over Skype/email or do you think you would need to be there?
  3. Are there any of the typical red flags in your relationship? Again you being there does add to bonafides of the relationship.

I think I would recommend you going unless you have pre-loaded your petition with enough evidence that the approval should be a slam dunk.

I think the importance of being in Guangzhou with your mate for her interview is more of a support to your wife or girlfriend than any bearing it would have on her interview. Beachey covered it pretty well about if you had enough evidence up front.....I too fell that the decision is already made before they step up to the window. I went to both of my wife's interviews. The first one was a K-1 interview....the VO would not even take my passport....literally threw it back through the window. On the IR-1 interview the VO took my passport but just quickly browsed it as my wife was telling her of my many trips to China. They had already decided to give my wife the visa before she ever walked into the building.

With that said, to me, I wanted to support my wife to the full extent for her interviews. Rather she got the visa or not I wanted to be there with her...yes, it was horribly expensive for 3 of us to fly in and out of Guangzhou and stay in that hot hellhole for a week but I was beside her every step of the way up to our parting at the base of the 5th floor.

I was with her to hold her when the State Department treated her and our son like shit at the first interview, and I was there four years later to hold her once again when justice was done and the State Department did the right thing. That stuff is once in a lifetime type experiences. No way I was going to sit at home and let her go through it by herself. I wanted to see her look when she got the visa, and I wanted the experience of being with her when she crossed into American airspace, and walked into the POE airport....on out into the FREEDOM from government agencys. You can never re-create those moments...they only happen once....and ....they are PRICELESS. And quite honestly, my wife has thanked me over and over for being there with her through her ordeal.

No, I don't think it helps much to be at the interview, as far as the State Department is concerned. But I wouldn't have missed the interview for anything, as far as my wife and son were concerned. Heck, I even was there on the 5th floor with them just minutes after they got their pink slips and stood in line with them to process their China Postal main-in papers.

That's just me....I want to catch everyone of those "once in a lifetime moments" with my girl that I can. The flight home with them and going through immigration and customs with them was nothing short of incredible. As was walking out into the public area of Dulles Airport and tasting the sweet air of FREEDOM from the US State Department. :lol:

Good luck to all of you in the November que for the interview. :)

tsap seui

My wife will bring in documents on Nov. 1st, 2011 and be interviewed the next morning.

Any one will be flying into Los Angeles directly from Guangzhou, in mid November after getting the visa?

I think you will have a better chance to find a companion for your wife if she goes to the Chinese Forums:http://usa.bbs.net/ and posts a new thread asking the same question.

Good luck!

I think the importance of being in Guangzhou with your mate for her interview is more of a support to your wife or girlfriend than any bearing it would have on her interview. Beachey covered it pretty well about if you had enough evidence up front.....I too fell that the decision is already made before they step up to the window. I went to both of my wife's interviews. The first one was a K-1 interview....the VO would not even take my passport....literally threw it back through the window. On the IR-1 interview the VO took my passport but just quickly browsed it as my wife was telling her of my many trips to China. They had already decided to give my wife the visa before she ever walked into the building.

With that said, to me, I wanted to support my wife to the full extent for her interviews. Rather she got the visa or not I wanted to be there with her...yes, it was horribly expensive for 3 of us to fly in and out of Guangzhou and stay in that hot hellhole for a week but I was beside her every step of the way up to our parting at the base of the 5th floor.

I was with her to hold her when the State Department treated her and our son like shit at the first interview, and I was there four years later to hold her once again when justice was done and the State Department did the right thing. That stuff is once in a lifetime type experiences. No way I was going to sit at home and let her go through it by herself. I wanted to see her look when she got the visa, and I wanted the experience of being with her when she crossed into American airspace, and walked into the POE airport....on out into the FREEDOM from government agencys. You can never re-create those moments...they only happen once....and ....they are PRICELESS. And quite honestly, my wife has thanked me over and over for being there with her through her ordeal.

No, I don't think it helps much to be at the interview, as far as the State Department is concerned. But I wouldn't have missed the interview for anything, as far as my wife and son were concerned. Heck, I even was there on the 5th floor with them just minutes after they got their pink slips and stood in line with them to process their China Postal main-in papers.

That's just me....I want to catch everyone of those "once in a lifetime moments" with my girl that I can. The flight home with them and going through immigration and customs with them was nothing short of incredible. As was walking out into the public area of Dulles Airport and tasting the sweet air of FREEDOM from the US State Department. :lol:

Good luck to all of you in the November que for the interview. :)

tsap seui

I'm with tsap on this one: my memory of my wife's coming out with that smile on her face after passing her interview is something I will cherish for the rest of my life. Also, if she does not pass, would you want your fiancee to be alone right then?

If you can go, go. Not for the consulate, but for her, and for you.

Called the DOS this morning... P4 packet was sent out today! Interview date November 1! (Is that the doc-intake date, or the actual interview date, by the way?) Looking at flights now... can't believe how soon they scheduled it! Thanks to everyone for sharing their insights and experiences...

Called the DOS this morning... P4 packet was sent out today! Interview date November 1! (Is that the doc-intake date, or the actual interview date, by the way?) Looking at flights now... can't believe how soon they scheduled it! Thanks to everyone for sharing their insights and experiences...

That will be doc intake with interview the following day.

What a difference a day makes, I called the NVC again today and was told that an interview has been scheduled!!!!!!!!!

Document intake on November 9th, interview on November 10th.

Good luck Ryan, I think maybe they just wanted to get you off their backs! :lol: