NVC finished

Hello everyone.. here once again..

Not sure how that posted but... anyway.. We got a letter saying all was sent to GUZ Aug 22nd. Havn't heard a thing since then.. A Sept 13 was posted as our priority date.. What does that mean and is the wait normal? They say don't contact them, they will contact us...Maybe I am just worrying a little too much???

So hope all is well with everyone... Thanks to those who always give us guidance here.. Jimu

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Priority date typically means a visa number has been assigned to your case, however the consulate sets the interview date, which has nothing to do with priority date.

Hi Jimu,

Are you going through the K or CR visa process? We also got a letter from NVC stating that our case was sent to GUZ around the same time as yours. I think if you are petitioning for K1 or CR1 visa, it means you will have to wait for GUZ to send you the intruction packet,a.k.a. P3, which is what we are doing right now. Patience is much needed on our part. :)

I hope all is well with you too.

Yes it is a CR-1 application.. I guess I am just being impatient. Maybe we will get our appointment in Nov. Was hoping for an October date.. I think this week is a holiday week in China so no progress until Oct 1st. Thanks noblett and new member for your response. Jimu

National Day is Oct 1 - the (Chinese) holiday is Oct 1 - Oct 7, with make-up days on Oct 8 and Oct 9 (they work those days to make up for the days off on Oct 6 and Oct 7).

The consulate is observing Oct 1 through Oct 5

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)