Slow down at CSC?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you be referencing this VJ discussion?

If CSC has slowed to a crawl, it seems the NVC has come to a screeching halt (at least as far as my file is concerned). Two weeks ago I emailed the DS-230 package, 9 days ago, I received the acknowledgement email from NVCElectronic that the package was received and to wait 20 business days. 6 days ago was that email requesting the package I already sent. I'm thinking I may need ring them on Friday, although not much may come from such a call.

Would you be referencing this VJ discussion?

If CSC has slowed to a crawl, it seems the NVC has come to a screeching halt (at least as far as my file is concerned). Two weeks ago I emailed the DS-230 package, 9 days ago, I received the acknowledgement email from NVCElectronic that the package was received and to wait 20 business days. 6 days ago was that email requesting the package I already sent. I'm thinking I may need ring them on Friday, although not much may come from such a call.

Yeah, that would be the one I think. The whole situation is both confusing and frustrating, a feeling I'm sure you share. I'm starting to think my hopes for a January/February interview are getting pretty dim. :(

I'm starting to think my hopes for a January/February interview are getting pretty dim. :(

Your completely still within the expected timeframe. If it gets to 4 months since sending to USCIS then your having a bit of a delay. But I think a January interview is not realistic; as you have shown in your timeline, March is probably a good bet.

I'm starting to think my hopes for a January/February interview are getting pretty dim. :(

Your completely still within the expected timeframe. If it gets to 4 months since sending to USCIS then your having a bit of a delay. But I think a January interview is not realistic; as you have shown in your timeline, March is probably a good bet.

You're probably right. That leaves me with a dilemma though. I'm going back over there tomorrow *yay* but I had planned for the next, and final alone, trip to be January. However, it is becoming more and more clear that isn't likely to be the case. So, do I go in January for a visit and then turn right around and go again as soon as Mid-Feburary/Early March or just wait until Feb/March?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Where can this information be found?

An update for anyone still waiting around... CSC had/has crawled to a virtual halt, according to VJ data processing no more than 3 - 9 NOA2s per day, vice VSCs 35 - 49 per day during the same period.

Thanks. Where can this information be found?

An update for anyone still waiting around... CSC had/has crawled to a virtual halt, according to VJ data processing no more than 3 - 9 NOA2s per day, vice VSCs 35 - 49 per day during the same period.

You can find it here. However, after looking into it a bit more I should note that it appears to only count I-129s and may not count I-130s. Also, as always with VJ (visajourney.com) data you have to keep in mind that it is an incomplete picture and is only as accurate as the users who update it.

That said, based on forum posts and the aforementioned data there's been hardly no movement lately with users still reporting June filings being worked on.

Edited by foobaz123 (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been around a month or so now and there's been no new movement for any significant number of July and onward filers (IR1/CR1) at CSC...

The data currently available seems to indicate that the only petitions known to have been processed since 29June, at which point the processing shut off like a switch, are special cases of one sort or another.

Based on that I would conclude that all, or nearly such, adjudicators have been taken off those petitions and moved somewhere else. What scares me is what they may pull to try and "rebalance" things when they come back to IR1/CR1 petitions. I know a while back they decided to move a bunch of applications to TSC and that created all kinds of problems. Needless to say, it is my fear that they'll do that again with the same results... :(

• 3 weeks later...

Day 150, more or less... Just called USCIS... told me they won't do a damned thing since they're still supposedly working on 16June.

Asked the girl how that was even remotely possible and all she could tell me is that's what they're reporting.

In short, they refuse to do a service request or anything else.

Day 153... No significant movement at all out of CSC. Nothing but excuses and what almost has to be lies, or at least only a shadow of the truth.

Day after tomorrow my Representative is supposed to be looking in to it, so we'll see what good that does.

Day after that I have an Infopass appointment at the local USCIS office, though I don't expect anything much to come from it.