Changing Last Name on Passport

Hi All,

Does anyone know how my wife can get her Last Name changed on her China Passport to her now married name? This would make

her travels to China easier. Last time she went she was held 3 times because her China passport shows her maiden name and Green Card shows married.

Thanks,

Vinny and Qing

She can go to the Chinese consulate and get an addendum that says something like "the name of this person is also such and such" It doesn't actually change her family name on her passport but it makes it so she can travel in her married name.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife just got her ten year green card with her american last name. I want to change and update her Chinese passport to reflect the correct name before we go back to China. I can't find the information from the Houston Chinese Embassy were I would need to go to make these changes. I would like to get the correct information so that I don't travel to Houston on my own time without the correct documentation needed.

You will have to visit the Chinnese consulate having jurisdiction over where you live.

Provide evidence of name change green card.

Similar topic: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43997-changing-name-on-wifes-passport/