Well She went and done it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Studied on and off for a year, this was strictly her decision, so the application is on it's way to TX.

Good luck, Ying decided early on she wanted to get her citizenship, once she applied she spent a lot of time reading, watching TV and working with friends to improve her English. She was constantly asking me questions about US history and government. By the time dhe had her interview she knew nore about the US than most native born citizens.

Good luck, Yu (although none should be needed). I agree w/ Carl's comment above

• 4 weeks later...

Well we made the trek to Buffalo yesterday to do the biometrics (AGAIN). This is one of those government things that annoys me to no end, (File I-485, do BIO, File I-751, do BIO, File N-400 do BIO) lets see don't you all keep this data on file? Oh well, this will be the LAST biometrics for my wife.

Now to sit and wait for the interview.

Well we made the trek to Buffalo yesterday to do the biometrics (AGAIN). This is one of those government things that annoys me to no end, (File I-485, do BIO, File I-751, do BIO, File N-400 do BIO) lets see don't you all keep this data on file? Oh well, this will be the LAST biometrics for my wife.

Now to sit and wait for the interview.

Used to gall me to no end too, Dan. I mean come on, how many times do they need her fingerprints, as if they're going to change in 12 months? :Dah:

I was told that the US Govment contracts biometrics to private companies. And, that biometrics are done as frequent as possible to enable those contractors to earn a profit. I'm just saying.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the interview date, is set for Monday Dec 12 in Buffalo, well this trip will be much more comfortable in the Impala, vs the beat up Cavalier.

When she got the letter, she imediatly pulled out her study materials, and stated going over them again, having me ask her the questions.

I did get her last night, there are questions about wars fought in the 17,18 and 19 hundreds, I tripped her by rewording to say 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries, had a good laugh over that.

Got the interview date, is set for Monday Dec 12 in Buffalo, well this trip will be much more comfortable in the Impala, vs the beat up Cavalier.

When she got the letter, she imediatly pulled out her study materials, and stated going over them again, having me ask her the questions.

I did get her last night, there are questions about wars fought in the 17,18 and 19 hundreds, I tripped her by rewording to say 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries, had a good laugh over that.

Good luck with the interview. I'm sure she will do well.

As far as all the bio's etc....we sat in a bankeers office today so we could open a joint checking account, and a business account in Wenyan's name. The bankeer didn't understand a ten year green card nor what she had to input on the application and she kept appologizing for any delays to us. We both laughed and I told the banker, "you take all the time you need we are USED to waiting and jumping through hoops of real fire, this is absolutely nothing." :lol:

tsap seui

• 1 month later...