Email confirmation of NOA1 and check cashed

Welcome to the club! Your file is officially in the queue. Did your email tell you which service center your file is being routed to?

Thanks Ryan. Our file is being sent to California. I've been reading that the NOA2 is probably around 5 months out from here.

When I was going through the process California was 1 month faster almost to the day than Vermont. My case went through Vermont and we still beat the average by a bunch back then with a 183 day visa process. Not sure what it is now with EP.

And back in the day when I got started K-1s out ran the CR-1s by a bunch. Now you are better off going CR-1 unless you want to be married here. Of course, you can ceremonies in China and here if you go the CR-1 route. Heck, if for some weird reason our AOS got messed up, it would still be cheaper and faster to the 10 year card going the CR-1 route.

And looking at your case, which looks really short on time and for some reason bombs out then you might seriously consider the CR-1 route, but I think your ages may help.

Good luck!

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)

When I was going through the process California was 1 month faster almost to the day than Vermont. My case went through Vermont and we still beat the average by a bunch back then with a 183 day visa process. Not sure what it is now with EP.

And back in the day when I got started K-1s out ran the CR-1s by a bunch. Now you are better off going CR-1 unless you want to be married here. Of course, you can ceremonies in China and here if you go the CR-1 route. Heck, if for some weird reason our AOS got messed up, it would still be cheaper and faster to the 10 year card going the CR-1 route.

And looking at your case, which looks really short on time and for some reason bombs out then you might seriously consider the CR-1 route, but I think your ages may help.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. We are preparing ourselves for the best and worst cases scenarios. We want to bring her here and have a wedding in the US so hopefully that will work out for us. My friend met his wife 4 years ago in the Phillipines. He met her once, they became engaged, then he came back to the US and applied for K1. They got it and she came here and they were married. I am hoping my case works out the same. I plan to go back to China to spend a week with her in January.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. We are preparing ourselves for the best and worst cases scenarios. We want to bring her here and have a wedding in the US so hopefully that will work out for us. My friend met his wife 4 years ago in the Phillipines. He met her once, they became engaged, then he came back to the US and applied for K1. They got it and she came here and they were married. I am hoping my case works out the same. I plan to go back to China to spend a week with her in January.

she is 41 and I am 40. I have heard that our ages will help. She is an english teacher and has been for 14 years so I hope that helps also.

Good luck!

she is 41 and I am 40. I have heard that our ages will help. She is an english teacher and has been for 14 years so I hope that helps also.

Just got home from work and the NOA1 was in my mail box!

That NOA1 is a good feeling isn't it? :)

Good luck with a speedy NOA2 and with the interview.

tsap seui

It is a good feeling. A nervous feeling too with hoping that everything goes well and we get the K1. Thanks for the well wishes!

I know what you mean. I felt the same waiting for ChunMei's papers to process. But it did happen, and it only took 11 months until she was here.

Now we're married, the AOS is submitted, and she's scheduled for her biometrics next Thursday.

So think positive.

Thanks for the encouraging words Nick. We are both very excited while at the same time trying to be patient. Mary is CCP also so we expect that to add a few months to our wait as well.

We didn't need to worry about the CCP thing, because ChunMei worked as a retail sales clerk. You read about a lot of horror stories here on CFL, but our process went very smoothly, my own anxieties notwithstanding. I'm perfectly willing to admit I got a little paranoid sometimes.

The one thing I have seen in common with people's stories on here is that they did not give up and the result was that, one way or the other, they all got their visa. It sounds like if you do what they ask, you will eventually get the visa