Lao Po, the Chinese mouse...

griz326

Or maybe she is wondering why you're not catching and cooking them for supper. We have caught a few possums and released them in a park nearby and my wife says she would eat those in China, we eat everything. She even points at the pigeons and says the same thing. I have to remind her that we are in the US now! ;)

Or maybe she is wondering why you're not catching and cooking them for supper. We have caught a few possums and released them in a park nearby and my wife says she would eat those in China, we eat everything. She even points at the pigeons and says the same thing. I have to remind her that we are in the US now! ;)

What part of the US are you from? You mean you ain't never ate no possum? Obviously you ain't from the souff. :rolleyes:

What part of the US are you from? You mean you ain't never ate no possum? Obviously you ain't from the souff. :rolleyes:

He shore ain't frum downcheer round Tennerbama. Heck, I gots me at lease uh duzen possums in thuh freezer, along with three coons, five squirrels, and a passle uh emair little Peter Cottontails. :eatyum: Only time I ever et any pigeon was in Chiner. It wuz in Goowanjoe (I thaink that's how ye spell it; least ways, that's how ye sez it). We wuz at one of emair outdoor restrunts :romantic: and my wife ordered it up, claimin' it wuz uh quail. It wuzn't no quail, it wuz uh pigeon. Tasted kinda gamey, more so than uh nice, slow-cooked possum. :ok: :eatyum:

He shore ain't frum downcheer round Tennerbama. Heck, I gots me at lease uh duzen possums in thuh freezer, along with three coons, five squirrels, and a passle uh emair little Peter Cottontails. :eatyum: Only time I ever et any pigeon was in Chiner. It wuz in Goowanjoe (I thaink that's how ye spell it; least ways, that's how ye sez it). We wuz at one of emair outdoor restrunts :romantic: and my wife ordered it up, claimin' it wuz uh quail. It wuzn't no quail, it wuz uh pigeon. Tasted kinda gamey, more so than uh nice, slow-cooked possum. :ok: :eatyum:

Well said bubba!! ;) Hey Griz dontcha know that meeces makes a grate orderv. :licklips:

Yassuh, them air meeces makes sum great ordervs. and the tail is so handy for holdin' them as you chew onna dey heds and lil' feets 'n all...crunch crunch goes de heds.

Why as I type this here vitual report we's got us'n a possum in that slow cooker what sum folks calls a croc pot, we calls it a "critter pot" seein' as how they ain't no crocs roamin' these here hollers. And again, dem possums is like dem meeces....theys got that oh so handly tail to grab aholt to when you is eatin' dem. It's better than a fork, or two of them popsickle sticks the Chinertuckians eats with...jes pick up yore food by the tail and nibble wherever you want, pass him around, and wait yore turn for him to come back at cha.

Here in the mountains we have a fancy dancy restaurant called "The Roadkill Cafe".....WHOOOOWEEE, why you kin buy such delights as "Sail Cat", Flattened Flicka, Frisby Lassie, Bumber Kilt Bessie the Cow, Middle of the Road Possum, Smashed Flat Porky the Pig, Slammed Flat Easter Bunny, Runtover Black Lab, Fender Bender Deer....the list of roadkill critters goes on and makes my mouff water jes thinkin' about it....UMMMM UMMMM GOOD!!! I tells uwe.

In her short time in America lil' rabbit is larnin' one important fact....if'n it kin be runned over, we kin cook it. Hold the gravel please.

I feels sorry for most of our wimmins that came from them insidious concrete canyons the Chinertuckians calls a city. Why all the critters and varmits within a hunnert miles of them has been picked clean of eatin' critters, years ago.

Now, on the udder side of the food chain, I kin jes imagine ol' Godziller must feel like he's done died and gone to heaven when he rises up outta the ocean and bites into one of them juicy highrises in Chinertucky where the folks lives packed in like sardines in a can. Can't deny it, dem big critters gotta eat too....if'n he tried to bit into a home in the US of A all he would git would be a mouthful of splinters....no wunder he roams the oceans around Asiatucky.

tsap seui

Hey baby, is dat possum ready? Me n' Fengqi has done finished that family of meece orderves I done found this mornin'.

I know one ol' cat that sez he hates them meeces to pieces, but in the tsap seui family we loves em ...mornin' noon and fer supper too.

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

I'm surprised you haven't eaten any pigeons, Mick. They are almost as good as mountain chicken, but you gotta bag a lot of them because there ain't much to 'em.

Haven't seen any opossum or coons around here, but it ain't bad eatin' if you know how to cook 'em. I always had a little taste of my neighbor's possum when I'd visit with her family at Thanksgiving. She knew how to cook 'em. Really!

You guys are funny!

BTW - Next weekend, I'm going to take a ride in the forest to see if I can get some mountain chicken. We'll see how I hold up on those forest service roads :blink:

I'm from the Dallas, Texas area. We have an armidillar digging up the yard, I can't wait until she sees this one! :lol:

I'm from the Dallas, Texas area. We have an armidillar digging up the yard, I can't wait until she sees this one! :lol:

Man Dan, you brang back sum good mammaries when you tawk about armadillars. Primary OCS and helicopter flight school was in Mineral Wells, TX and on the weekends we'd pile in a car and head off to Denton to chase them white tailed does in college there. On the trip we'd see roadkill armadillars peekin' up at us from the sides of the road....smack my waterin' lips and pop my suspenders if'n they want sum GOOD eatin'!!!

Course it didn't help my search for testocular relief with the girls when they saw me walkin' into the cafeteria with some 15 pound pancake armadillar's tail in my hand lookin' for sumbody to cook it up fer me. :o

Oh those long ago dayz 'n especially the nights. :D

tsap seui

Got me a huge 8 point buck layin' on the hood of my '86 Chevy pickem-up truck. He commited sewercide on my bumber last night when, of all thangs I wuz out huntin' for roadkill delights to brang back fur the lil' lady to cook up.....gonna be venison steaks fer quite awhile in the seui family kitchen....YEEEHAWWW YIP YIP YIP

Yassuh, them air meeces makes sum great ordervs. and the tail is so handy for holdin' them as you chew onna dey heds and lil' feets 'n all...crunch crunch goes de heds.

Why as I type this here vitual report we's got us'n a possum in that slow cooker what sum folks calls a croc pot, we calls it a "critter pot" seein' as how they ain't no crocs roamin' these here hollers. And again, dem possums is like dem meeces....theys got that oh so handly tail to grab aholt to when you is eatin' dem. It's better than a fork, or two of them popsickle sticks the Chinertuckians eats with...jes pick up yore food by the tail and nibble wherever you want, pass him around, and wait yore turn for him to come back at cha.

Here in the mountains we have a fancy dancy restaurant called "The Roadkill Cafe".....WHOOOOWEEE, why you kin buy such delights as "Sail Cat", Flattened Flicka, Frisby Lassie, Bumber Kilt Bessie the Cow, Middle of the Road Possum, Smashed Flat Porky the Pig, Slammed Flat Easter Bunny, Runtover Black Lab, Fender Bender Deer....the list of roadkill critters goes on and makes my mouff water jes thinkin' about it....UMMMM UMMMM GOOD!!! I tells uwe.

In her short time in America lil' rabbit is larnin' one important fact....if'n it kin be runned over, we kin cook it. Hold the gravel please.

I feels sorry for most of our wimmins that came from them insidious concrete canyons the Chinertuckians calls a city. Why all the critters and varmits within a hunnert miles of them has been picked clean of eatin' critters, years ago.

Now, on the udder side of the food chain, I kin jes imagine ol' Godziller must feel like he's done died and gone to heaven when he rises up outta the ocean and bites into one of them juicy highrises in Chinertucky where the folks lives packed in like sardines in a can. Can't deny it, dem big critters gotta eat too....if'n he tried to bit into a home in the US of A all he would git would be a mouthful of splinters....no wunder he roams the oceans around Asiatucky.

tsap seui

Hey baby, is dat possum ready? Me n' Fengqi has done finished that family of meece orderves I done found this mornin'.

I know one ol' cat that sez he hates them meeces to pieces, but in the tsap seui family we loves em ...mornin' noon and fer supper too.

Cuzzin youse makin me so hungry now. I think I'll go outside and get me ready a mornin dove for breakfast. Not sure why I supposed to eat em in the mornin. :unsure:

Ya know them possums on the half shell done made it all the way here in souff Atlanter. :eyebrow:

Emair Armadillars is awl over thuh place rouncheer, too. Tennerbama dun got full of 'em. Me, and Li, and our daughter Saleener wuza takin uh wawk the uther day and one of emair shell-totin' possums scurried right cross thuh road in frunt uv us. If'n I had bin in muh Jeep I wuda squarshed atair armadillar likuh South Alerbamer Staink Bug. I growed up downair in Southwest Florider what we had uh hole passel uh emair armadillars. I shore have runned over my share uhv em.

I read up on 'em on atair Innernet thainguhmuhbob and it sez uh Armadillar carries leporsy - atair stuff lik in thuh Bible - atair stuff'll rot ye hands rite off so when you is uh pickin' up any roadkill armadillars, be shore tuh ware sum gluvs..... :blink:

Yessir, glubs is important when pickin' up road struck critters. Even though they may be flatter then Bubba Smiff's wife, you never know if'n they is ded or not till you throws em in the critter pot.

Ain't it sumpin how dang near everthang that is on teh half shell is purdy good eatin'.

My wife, a former city slicker is really taken a fancy to road kill delicasies. We wuz riden down the road today in the rusted out pickem-up and she saw a dear over in the field, she tells me, "QUICK tsap seui run over that food standin' in the field over yonder"....lickety split I turned the wheel and ran right through Tom Imgrund's barbed ware fence and smacked that ol' white tail a fearsum lick. I wuz throwin' bambi's mother in the back of the pickem-up, along side a goat I had struck yestiday mornin' and lil' rabbit axeses me, "tsap seui, why do you call it a pickem-up truck?" I sez, "baby girl, do you not see what Imma doin' here? After I runs em over I pickem-up and I throws em in the truck."

She's larnin' sumpin new ever day here in Amurica. And we have us'in a never endin' supply of food jes waitin' to be runt over. With the comin' bads times the yuppies in the citys may starve to death, but out cheer, if'n it kin be runt over, we will never go without.;) YeeeeHAWWWW

tsap seui

One avid hunter of game