CHINESE SUBTITLES

I have a DVD that I bought of a movie that I would very much like to share with Mei. "To Dance With The White Dog". I bought it from Amazon.com and it's legal...lol My question is; Do any of you know of either, A: A place from where I can get a copy of this movie with Chinese subtitles or, B: A place that can add these subtitles to the copy I have?

http://www.yesasia.com/us/to-dance-with-the-white-dog-dvd-taiwan-version/1024332675-0-0-0-en/info.html (Note this is region 3 disk, you need a DVD player that plays all regions "Region Free DVD player" or in my case when confronted with a DVD with region code, I take it and rip-it using "DVD-Decrypt" then "DVD-Shrink" the resulting ISO then burn onto a new disk. Decrypt kills the region code reverting it to Region 0..

Other option is have spouse look for it on PP-Live who knows it may be up there on that program.

Whenever I find a movie I want to watch I just ask the wife and she finds it on the sites in China and we stream it on her laptop. I just plug the laptop into the big screen TV with a hdmi cable. If its an English movie it will have Chinese subtitles, if its a Chinese made movie you can generally find them with English subtitles.

I will have to ask her for the websites tonight and post them, she has 3-4 different sites she streams movies from.

I checked almost a dozen chinese sites I know and cannot turn up the actual movie to play.

Here is the chinese in three apparent variations I find on websites:

°×¹·µÄ»ª¶û×Ì - http://auction1.paipai.com/9788281100000000001739C50682F7A1

°×¹·Ó뻪¶û×Ì - http://bk.pptv.com/movie/28771

°×¹·µÄ×îááÈA –×Ì - http://www.blockbuster.com.tw/movieDetail.html?mid=10934

If someone finds it online, would like to hear...

I'm not sure if your Mei gets online much or is tech savy, but on the Chinese versions of YouTube (tudou.com , youku.com , and many more), it's amazing what you can find on there. Right now Jian Wen and I are going through all the seasons of The Big Bang Theory. There are heaps of movies, tv shows, etc. Probably not legal, but, it's also not like you're downloading anything, just watching online.

There are also programs like PPS and PPT and many others that you can download and stream live sports games, tv stations from all over China, and also thousands of movies/tv shows.

If you send Mei the name of the movie, maybe she can find it on one of these.....?

Ohhh, and to that point, I've been using the PPT and PPs and other programs to watch the NFL, MLB, and college football from over here.

They have every game and everything covered for soccer from Europe, as it's huge over here, but not so much the American sports (other than the NBA).

I watched my Packers last week as it was a marquee national TV game, but I may miss them this week, as it's just a regular regional game on TV in the US. It seems like I may only be able to get Sunday and Monday night football through these options.

I don't want to fork out $200 for the NFL's online tv package, but I don't know if I will have any other options, I need my Packers, ahhh!

Chinese subtitles (.srt or .sub files) are hard to come by, simply because of the proliferation of movies with hard-layered Chinese subtitles. "To Dance With The White Dog" doesn't seem to be one of them. It is on the bitTorrent network without subtitles, but that won't help you. Check VeryCD.com (eMule) which seems to have more Chinese stuff.

I will say that I've pondered this question from a more general perspective. Like if a person had a bunch of DVDs and had ripped them to a server or file share at their house, how would you get subtitles and such for them?

So far my solution has been a combination of XBMC and the various subtitle services online. XBMC can be configured to attempt to automatically acquire subtitles online. That said, since the services themselves are incomplete the result is a bit hit and miss. :(