How Was Your Mooncake Day?

I will preface this and say I really like most Chinese food. My wife is actually a great cook.

But what is it with Chinese Festivals and crappy traditional food. It is like they have fruit cake for every holiday and they actually eat it. :ph34r:

Moon Cakes for Mid-Autumn Festival - so dry I needed water to get it down :rolleyes:

Spring Festival - I am sorry but dumplings are just bad Pierogi (and I am not even Italian) :D

And tht topper is Zongzi for Dragon Boat Festival, I am sorry but why anyone likes slimy rice is beyond me :smartass:

But I did have the day off so I really should not complain.:P

And No my wife does not read CFL.. B)

Edited by Beachey (see edit history)

All of our Chinese family were at ma and ba's home so we got on qq and talked and laughed with them for an hour or more in the early (for us morning) then I took Fengqi off to school, came home and for the next couple of hours had some of the wildest sex yet with the lil' rabbit. :coolthumb: :yahoo: :toot: :cheering: :greenblob: :worthy: :worthy: :thank_you_so_much: :bathfun: :pash: :smoker: :eyebrow:

There must REALLY be something to this here moon stuff....or is it jes the fresh air of the mountains? :yay: Although we didn't have any moon cakes per se I did dine on a "Chinese Rug", so to speak, and with tryin' to keep this PG-13. :eatyum: :giggle:

tsap seui

Today is mooncake day too, isn't it? :eyebrow:

ChunMei was a little sad because she misses her family now, especially her son Hai. But she talked to everyone on the phone, or on Yahoo, so that helped. Of course the 14 hour time difference made it a little confusing, but everything worked out in the end.

We bought mooncakes at the asian supermarket, and yesterday she made dumplings. Shared them with Gteg and Sue, our neighbors next door. She's becoming friends with Sue, which makes me happy. We've begun walking with them in the evenings after dinner, and ChunMei and Sue are beginning to get together during the day, too.

And she got the notice in the mail that her I-485 AOS application has been received, and she has an appointment for biometrics on the 29th, so that made her very happy. Me, too. :)

So all in all it was a nice day.

Edited by NickF (see edit history)

...hmmm

After my wife's been here 10 years and we being married close to 6 years, moon day came and went with narry a notice.

Every year past, our church would have an Mid-Autumn festival for all the Chinese friends to come and celebrate. But, this year it too went unnoticed.

Personally, I enjoy these Chinese festivals and celebrations.

I can only surmise that the longer they, our Chinese friends and wives, live here, these customs seem to fade from importance and maybe meaning.

No moon cakes for us this year. <_< :unsure:

...hmmm

After my wife's been here 10 years and we being married close to 6 years, moon day came and went with narry a notice.

Every year past, our church would have an Mid-Autumn festival for all the Chinese friends to come and celebrate. But, this year it too went unnoticed.

Personally, I enjoy these Chinese festivals and celebrations.

I can only surmise that the longer they, our Chinese friends and wives, live here, these customs seem to fade from importance and maybe meaning.

No moon cakes for us this year. <_< :unsure:

There is a small community of about 40 Chinese that live here in Victoria and since I work for a Taiwanese plant, I know many of them. They also meet and have gatherings plus instruction at several of the meeting rooms at a Baptist church. Due to work, I have never attended. We all met on Saturday evening and it was great. Homemade mooncakes and all.

I met my wife during this festival and it became one of my favorites. Started learning about her culture right away. Love this country and fought for it, but we just don't have the history, so forgive me if I am simply fascinated by it all...maybe in time it will fade, but I truly hope not..

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)