• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a bogus RFE email from NVC last night. This "checklist" that was sent to me asked for the following: Immigrant Visa Application Part 1

I already sent all required paperwork and accompany documents, no need to do it again.

Note, this email was generated by NVCInquiry and not NVCElectronic. NVCElectronic had generated the emails indicating they had received my packages.

I got a bogus RFE email from NVC last night. This "checklist" that was sent to me asked for the following: Immigrant Visa Application Part 1

I already sent all required paperwork and accompany documents, no need to do it again.

Note, this email was generated by NVCInquiry and not NVCElectronic. NVCElectronic had generated the emails indicating they had received my packages.

I got the same email a little while back with the checklist. I resent after putting the GZO number in the upper right hand corner of ALL documents that the check list instructed to do. I would not think that just because it came from NVCInquiry that it is bogus. Do so at your own risk. :ph34r:

I got this too. I think they simply generate these after receiving the DS-230 and/or I-864... almost like a friendly reminder to get the IV docs in. I think it tends to happen when one sends the docs faster to NVC then they are reviewing them; the system doesn't know anything until a reviewer marks they have finished a step. Good to see your moving along :)

It has been two weeks since I emailed the DS-230 package to the NVC, 9 days since they sent me an email acknowledging receipt of the package. Now it seems my file has come to a screeching halt. I decided to call the AVR (did so using the old GUZ number as the AVR does not recognize GZO) and the AVR tells me they have reviewed the documents I sent and they have missing information.........WTF

I will be calling an operator tomorrow morning and if I don't like the answer they give me, I will speak to a supervisor. Right now I'm thinking I may end up having to resubmit what I already sent them. Such BS. :angry: If I do end up resubmitting, I'm not putting a case number on the upper right corner of documents, I stand by my assertion that is an unnecessary thing to do.

It has been two weeks since I emailed the DS-230 package to the NVC, 9 days since they sent me an email acknowledging receipt of the package. Now it seems my file has come to a screeching halt. I decided to call the AVR (did so using the old GUZ number as the AVR does not recognize GZO) and the AVR tells me they have reviewed the documents I sent and they have missing information.........WTF

I will be calling an operator tomorrow morning and if I don't like the answer they give me, I will speak to a supervisor. Right now I'm thinking I may end up having to resubmit what I already sent them. Such BS. :angry: If I do end up resubmitting, I'm not putting a case number on the upper right corner of documents, I stand by my assertion that is an unnecessary thing to do.

I officially withdraw this rant. I spoke with a very helpful NVC operator this morning and I went over the DS-230 that I had sent and noticed a very small typo that I didn't catch prior to sending it. This is obviously MY FAULT. The only person I'm angry at is myself for not being more thorough than I was. :headbang: :censor: :ranting: :bangin: :Dah:

I officially withdraw this rant. I spoke with a very helpful NVC operator this morning and I went over the DS-230 that I had sent and noticed a very small typo that I didn't catch prior to sending it. This is obviously MY FAULT. The only person I'm angry at is myself for not being more thorough than I was. :headbang: :censor: :ranting: :bangin: :Dah:

Oh well, onward and upward! Glad this has been resolved

I decided to call the AVR (did so using the old GUZ number as the AVR does not recognize GZO) and the AVR tells me they have reviewed the documents I sent and they have missing information.........WTF

Two questions:

1. What is AVR?

2. If they knew there is missing info, did they say you should get notified of this (and why didn't they notify you)?

1. What is AVR?

Automated voice recording

2. If they knew there is missing info, did they say you should get notified of this (and why didn't they notify you)?

Had I not made the call, I would have received the checklist via email. By me being proactive and making the calls I did, I was able to know about it before officially being notified by email.

1. What is AVR?

Automated voice recording

Had I not made the call, I would have received the checklist via email. By me being proactive and making the calls I did, I was able to know about it before officially being notified by email.

So you still think the checklist that they emailed you is still bogus?

Soooo what was the missing info if I might ask.

A typo on the DS-230. One number was incorrect, but that triviality fundamentally altered the response to that particular section, therefore, the form has to be resubmitted. Had it not been for this typo, I probably would have had a case complete by now.