I got the GZO number today. I will be sending the appropriate packages one the appropriate bills show paid.

My suggestion to those of you who will follow is this, pay the bills as soon as you receive them, you don't need to hold out until your case is converted from paper to electronic.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the GZO number today. I will be sending the appropriate packages one the appropriate bills show paid.

My suggestion to those of you who will follow is this, pay the bills as soon as you receive them, you don't need to hold out until your case is converted from paper to electronic.

That's right Ryan. You don't have to wait on the GUZ to GZO change to take the next step of paying AOS fee. The contractors used by the NVC for AP seem to be pretty sharp and down right lienent is some areas. A person can really fly thorough the AP process.

One thing a person can do after getting a GUZ number is to send in the DS-3032 along with the OPTIN e-mail. You take care of getting registered as the agent of choice and getting your GZO number very quickly and in one e-mail.

The longest wait I found during the entire process with AP was only the wait of four days for the AOS and IV fee payment to be processed as PAID.That was the only thing that slowed me down.

You are on your way now. You should have an interview date around the third week of October from the looks of where you are right now. Once that AOS fee is marked PAID you'll have the coversheet you need and it will only take part of one day to send them the entire AOS paperwork.

Then you're into the IV fee and same thing one day to e-mail everything the day that your payment is marked PAID. Then you will get an e-mail saying they are finished processing your case and for me, the next day I got the interview date, which was one month to the day from the day the e-mail was sent out.

Good luck at your interview.

tsap seui

That's right Ryan. You don't have to wait on the GUZ to GZO change to take the next step of paying AOS fee. The contractors used by the NVC for AP seem to be pretty sharp and down right lienent is some areas. A person can really fly thorough the AP process.

One thing a person can do after getting a GUZ number is to send in the DS-3032 along with the OPTIN e-mail. You take care of getting registered as the agent of choice and getting your GZO number very quickly and in one e-mail.

The longest wait I found during the entire process with AP was only the wait of four days for the AOS and IV fee payment to be processed as PAID.That was the only thing that slowed me down.

You are on your way now. You should have an interview date around the third week of October from the looks of where you are right now. Once that AOS fee is marked PAID you'll have the coversheet you need and it will only take part of one day to send them the entire AOS paperwork.

Then you're into the IV fee and same thing one day to e-mail everything the day that your payment is marked PAID. Then you will get an e-mail saying they are finished processing your case and for me, the next day I got the interview date, which was one month to the day from the day the e-mail was sent out.

Yes, the longest wait is on the fee payment; you cannot do anything until that clears.

What is clear is that you can send almost anything at anytime. I send my DS-3032 and AOS WITHOUT any cover sheet; I DID NOT WAIT FOR THEM... I just send in the files. They were both accepted and processed.

I have done everything at NVC in 3 weeks; yet, I lost about 7 days due to a business trip when I could not send some stuff. There is no reason to take longer than 15 days to get through NVC if a person truly wants to do it.

I don't think they will get an interview in third week of Oct. That assumes they get the "all clear" by third week of Sept; but they have not sent in the IV paperwork. After sending in the IV paperwork, then EVERYTHING must be checked... it takes about 3 weeks for that. and then if clear, an interview is set. So from the time of sending the IV paperwork, I suggest 2 months; 1 month to receive and clear all paperwork; then 1 month to schedule an interview... JMO. I am happy to see more data points to show this trend.

Yesterday my AOS bill showed PAID in the payment portal and today, I emailed the AOS package to the NVC.

My AOS file was nearly 13MB, not wanting to risk rejection for the file being too large, I used the full version of Adobe Acrobat to reduce the size of the file. The reduced size of the file was 3.5MB

In the subject line, write your GZO case number and Affidavit of Support, form I-864 (or form I-864EZ) and documents.

In the body of the email, put the name, date of birth, and email addresses of the petitioner and beneficiary.

Optional (and I opted to do so), you can put a brief statement below the petitioner/beneficiary information that can say something similar to please find the attached I-864 (or I-864EZ) and supporting documents for case number GZO ##########. I then closed it with the statement "thank you for your prompt attention to this matter."

For the AOS package, I put the file together like this:

• coversheet from payment portal
  • cover letter
  • I-864EZ
  • most recent tax return and W2
  • tax transcripts from the previous two years
  • employment letter
  • pay stubs

Today (the 14th), the payment portal showed the IV bill was PAID.

To keep the size of the file down, I scanned the white books as JPEG files and then inserted them into a PDF document.

Just as I did with when I emailed the AOS documents, I put the GZO case number in the subject line and after the case number, I wrote, "Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration"

The package itself was composed of the following:

• cover letter
  • DS-230 parts I and II
  • supplemental sheet
  • copy of my wife's passport bio page
  • two passport style pictures of my wife, how I did this is I scanned the front side and back side of the pictures and inserted them into the file
  • marriage certificate white book
  • birth certificate white book
  • police certificate white book

Just as before, I wrote a brief statement below the petitioner/beneficiary information.

Today (the 14th), the payment portal showed the IV bill was PAID.

To keep the size of the file down, I scanned the white books as JPEG files and then inserted them into a PDF document.

Just as I did with when I emailed the AOS documents, I put the GZO case number in the subject line and after the case number, I wrote, "Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration"

The package itself was composed of the following:

• cover letter
  • DS-230 parts I and II
  • supplemental sheet
  • copy of my wife's passport bio page
  • two passport style pictures of my wife, how I did this is I scanned the front side and back side of the pictures and inserted them into the file
  • marriage certificate white book
  • birth certificate white book
  • police certificate white book

Just as before, I wrote a brief statement below the petitioner/beneficiary information.

You're on a roll Ryan!! That AP stuff is QUICK and EASY isn't it? Looks like the 3rd week of October for her interview is still within sight.

Good luck with the interview. :)

tsap seui

Did you write the GZO number in the upper right hand corner of all documents?

No. However, I did do this, prior to each white book document, I put a coversheet in front of it stating what it was and then put the case number below it.

For example:

Notarial Marriage Certificate

Case number: GZO ##########

You're on a roll Ryan!! That AP stuff is QUICK and EASY isn't it? Looks like the 3rd week of October for her interview is still within sight.

Tappy old boy... you should of retired with my prediction :lol:

I have determined from talking with NVC that they ONLY setup interview dates the second week of each month; Tomorrow is the last day for THIS month... right now, they are slotting into the 3rd week of October !!

The next time anyone can get interview slots is when they assign them on Oct. 10-14. There is no way they can assign an interview the very next week. The earliest they will assign in Nov. 1... JMO ;)

Timing is everything and I am incredibly lucky. I got the "finalized" notice on Monday; slotted on thursday. Many were obviously slotted Monday - Wednesday before me.

@Charles: I did put the GZO on every page but using a graphics program.... it is actually not on the original but only on the scanned version. ;)

Tappy old boy... you should of retired with my prediction :lol:

I have determined from talking with NVC that they ONLY setup interview dates the second week of each month; Tomorrow is the last day for THIS month... right now, they are slotting into the 3rd week of October !!

The next time anyone can get interview slots is when they assign them on Oct. 10-14. There is no way they can assign an interview the very next week. The earliest they will assign in Nov. 1... JMO ;)

Timing is everything and I am incredibly lucky. I got the "finalized" notice on Monday; slotted on thursday. Many were obviously slotted Monday - Wednesday before me.

@Charles: I did put the GZO on every page but using a graphics program.... it is actually not on the original but only on the scanned version. ;)

:lol: Oh well, win some, lose some....jes have fun playin' the game is all that counts.

Way too much math for me to comprehend in the way they pick the dates....mine was set just 3 weeks and 2 days (interview date June 21st) from the day I got the P-4 and interview e-mail on May 26th. I figured Ryan would get his P-4 e-mail around the 26th of September and get an interview in 3 weeks like we did.

As far as retiring, after Ryan there is only one or two more fellers who were riding the visa bus with me who haven't had their interviews yet. Once they get their interviews the "good to when date" on my brain expires, I will quickly forget everything I ever knew, and me and the horse I rode in on will retire to twisted Candle. :lol: Gi-gi-Giddy-up

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Did you write the GZO number in the upper right hand corner of all documents?

No. However, I did do this, prior to each white book document, I put a coversheet in front of it stating what it was and then put the case number below it.

For example:

Notarial Marriage Certificate

Case number: GZO ##########

After I sent the IV package in this past Monday, I got an email from the NVC basically stating that they received my documents. Next they stated that they have not received them. :blink: Then reading down a bit further I came across this:

Please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence and write your case number clearly (exactly

as it appears below) on the upper right-hand corner of all documents.

All I could figure is they must have it this way or nothing so I accommodated them just like they wanted. We will see what happens.

All I could figure is they must have it this way or nothing so I accommodated them just like they wanted. We will see what happens.

Let's not forget that such things like this want a SOP... it is easier for analyst to process when standards are created. They don't have to track down and search around for something, etc.

That being said, I proved that one can forsake some of the standards without causing issues. I did NOT include the cover letters. I send in the DS-230 before the I-864 and got my IV doc request earlier by doing that because the system auto-generated the IV doc request upon that submission.

If I had followed all their SOP, I would be just filing the final papers now and getting an interview date about 1-2 months later.

That all being said, I don't necessary recommend people to take the shortcuts. Each person decides their own risk in filing... I was willing to test the system to see what happens. As a result, my wife thinks I must have some magic to have pulled this off :D

Let's not forget that I was about 7-10 days behind you and now will be a month ahead in interview date :ph34r: Because your wife assumed we were essentially at the same point, she called mine about trying to meet in GUZ... there may be hell to pay :jerry:

Let's not forget that such things like this want a SOP... it is easier for analyst to process when standards are created. They don't have to track down and search around for something, etc.

That being said, I proved that one can forsake some of the standards without causing issues. I did NOT include the cover letters. I send in the DS-230 before the I-864 and got my IV doc request earlier by doing that because the system auto-generated the IV doc request upon that submission.

If I had followed all their SOP, I would be just filing the final papers now and getting an interview date about 1-2 months later.

That all being said, I don't necessary recommend people to take the shortcuts. Each person decides their own risk in filing... I was willing to test the system to see what happens. As a result, my wife thinks I must have some magic to have pulled this off :D

Let's not forget that I was about 7-10 days behind you and now will be a month ahead in interview date :ph34r: Because your wife assumed we were essentially at the same point, she called mine about trying to meet in GUZ... there may be hell to pay :jerry:

Hell to pay is stoopid da man's largest creditor. :lol: