18 months later....we're back!!!!

Ok, we've fought hard and now we have another day in court. I have a two week trip already planned from 9/1-9/14. It's pretty much in stone since I used up my vaction time on back surgeries earlier this year. So these are the days.... I cannot stay in GZ until 9/21...

There isn't any way for me to be present for her interview. I can however take her for her medical examination etc...

What do you think of going to the Consulate and at least introducing myself and explain I was already booked to leave China on the 12th to return to my job when we received the ill-timed notice.

I wish they kept us more in the loop. Is it enough that I was there a few days before her interview??????

Anyway... were HAPPY. We just want everything to go better than the first time...

Any Candle friends got two cents you wanta chunk in?

What exactly is a EOR letter? Thank you.

I have an idea its just a letter to the VO but not sure.

That was the problem when I booked my 2nd trip to China, and then her interview was scheduled 2 weeks prior to my arrival. What I did was explain the situation in my EOR letter and my wife said the VO read it and gave my wife the pink.

EOR = Evolution Of Relationship

Is a written letter detailing prior relationships how ended, contact info for ex spouses, how met current fiancee or spouse.

EOR = Evolution Of Relationship

Is a written letter detailing prior relationships how ended, contact info for ex spouses, how met current fiancee or spouse.

Things which should be included ONLY when appropriate. Use this letter to your own advantage in painting a picture of your current relationship, NOT to provide details which may work against you.

It might be more appropriate to include ex's info in a separate letter, if you think it might be needed.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I thought you couldn't go with your spouse to the interview and you had to wait in the coffee shop for her. So how will they know if you are there or not?

You can't go, but some countries (meaning location - still US Consulate) do allow I believe and since I have been gone awhile I remember Randy W saying something about a new facility...and then you might hope better customer service like allowing the petitioner to join the beneficiary...

And like has been mentioned in the past, Big Brother seems to know you are already there with your travel...

BUT simply like those have gone before you have done, give her your passport to present. Give a notorized EOR from the Consulate...Heck, take a photo with today's newspaper on it with you to present to the VO...

And it is said that it does not matter if you are there, but it certainly cannnot hurt...

And a side note, since it sounds like you have already been to the dance, so may not apply to you, but petitioners need to use the timelines to your advantage. It has been mentioned several times that you can control when you interview by when you submit your P3. If I remember correctly, P4 to interview is very close to a month.

And looking at my timeline without going back and doing the research is that mine is typical. 2 months from submitting P3 - interview.

Good luck!

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)

@ Computerguy - VO might ask for copies of the USC's passport entries? Who knows?

Thanks everyone... Yea, I plan on passport with multiple China entries and I have her Federal Tax ID # paperwork etc... I plan on a sucessful outcome this time around. :)

Go gettum buddy. It should work out this time around.

Best of luck to you both.

tsap seui

Thanks Brother.... 32 months has just flown by...NOT

You know more than most exactly what I'm feeling.

Thanks everyone... Yea, I plan on passport with multiple China entries and I have her Federal Tax ID # paperwork etc... I plan on a sucessful outcome this time around. :)

tsap seui

Thanks Brother.... 32 months has just flown by...NOT

You know more than most exactly what I'm feeling.

tsap seui

Yep, I know the feeling pretty well. That's why I'll be pulling for your success so hard. When you get that visa stamp after so long it's like the weight of the world is suddenly lifted off of your back and you can literally taste teh sweet taste of freedom from the clutches of the Department of State.

You guys will make it this time....some of us they just make wait a little longer than others.

Best wishes to you both.

tsap seui

I thought you couldn't go with your spouse to the interview and you had to wait in the coffee shop for her. So how will they know if you are there or not?

For maximum effect, she can, first thing as she approaches the window, lay your passport there on the counter where it can be seen.

Thanks guys for the answer on passport. Me and my wife are leaving for Guangzhou tomorrow. Appointment Sept 1st, then I guess the interview the following day. I feel little nervous and helpless since I can't be there with her, and not even see the person who determines if she gets the visa or not...I hope first times a charm x.x;! Good luck to you too concert500!