Call-in letter!

My wife received her call-in letter in the mail yesterday =)!!

She received a blue slip during her first interview on 7/6, requesting for a more detailed resume. She submitted the resume on 7/14, but was put under administrative leave shortly after (I believe on 7/17 or 7/18). I was expecting a long wait, but much to my surprise, she received the call-in letter in her mail only ~1 month after AP.

I am very excited and thank you everyone for the advices I have received or stumbled upon.

I think it was "marongji," but I don't remember for sure.

And I think the email attached to the account was either marongji @ gmail.com or dan.makowski @ gmail.com. Or either danielm2@uwm.edu

My memory fails me - a time I'd like to mostly block out.

congratulations!

What was your old account name?

Congrats! Does she have to go back to Guangzhou or can she mail in her passport?

She can just mail in her passport; she mailed it in the day after she received the letter so hopefully she'll get her passport back with the visa soon.

Great information! This is the first call-back letter I have heard since GUZ changed the policy. Confirmation that it can be handled completely in the mail.

Congrats! Does she have to go back to Guangzhou or can she mail in her passport?

She can just mail in her passport; she mailed it in the day after she received the letter so hopefully she'll get her passport back with the visa soon.

Great information! This is the first call-back letter I have heard since GUZ changed the policy. Confirmation that it can be handled completely in the mail.

Yeah, another thing to add is that the embassy has increased the number of cities that they can send the passport back to. I'm not sure if this only applies for a call-back letter. I remember that after the physical interview at the embassy, if you pass, they can only mail it through EMS to a few cities. My wife is from Chengdu and that was not one of the cities however, for the call-back letter, Chengdu was listed as one of them.

Yeah, another thing to add is that the embassy has increased the number of cities that they can send the passport back to. I'm not sure if this only applies for a call-back letter. I remember that after the physical interview at the embassy, if you pass, they can only mail it through EMS to a few cities. My wife is from Chengdu and that was not one of the cities however, for the call-back letter, Chengdu was listed as one of them.

Effective Aug 1, the passport can be mailed to any of 268 "COD cities" all over China.

http://photos.state....ish%2011728.pdf

Nice to hear! We are still fuming for when my wife had to go to Guangzhou for the call back to present nothing and not notified that they were implementing the new intake/later interview process and that she would have to go through that, extending her visit 2 days. She had nothing to present, and no reason to re-interview.... and THEN then held the passport for 20 days before putting a visa in it. Should have all been able to be done through the mail.

She just told me that VP Biden just said during his visit to Sichuan province that the US would be improving and accelerating the visa process for Chinese citizens. We shall see... or is he just referring to recent micro-improvements?

We got the visa in the mail yesterday, it took about a week for us to get the visa in hand, GZ is picking up speed at processing visa. now I can book my flight.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

A visa in hand is worth how many in the bush? :D

We got the visa in the mail yesterday, it took about a week for us to get the visa in hand, GZ is picking up speed at processing visa. now I can book my flight.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

A visa in hand is worth how many in the bush? :D

Great news to see your success. Best wishes for the future.

tsap seui