So I went out for some Chinese food...

and I came home with a Chinese!!!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk193/ckemendo/289571_10150327217850240_598830239_9735063_3336696_o.jpg

As you can see I already put her to work! :lol: She arrived July 26th and has been adjusting well. This is actually my first day back to work. I have been really busy helping her settle in. Some observations so far

I live in the middle of my city but at first she thought I lived in the countryside. :lol:

She seems to like most american food but still doesnt like ice in her drink or anything too sweet.

She says its very peaceful here. no people and not much traffic (compared to china)

She has trouble understand many of my friends and family's English.

I let her drive for the first time ever in a large parking lot. She almost hit a pole haha. she liked it but said it was really stressful.

Here is another picture more up close of her since that one is blurry

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk193/ckemendo/stephanie3.jpg

My friend and his chinese wife arrived the exact same day as Jia. His wife is having a harder time adjusting. They live with his parents in the countryside near fayetteville in a very large house on alot of land. She didnt want to move here in the first place though. We actually visited them in Arkansas and Jia took many pictures of the countryside. She really liked and enjoyed being able to see the stars at night. Both girls tried to drive my friends tractor used for mowing but they were too light for the deadman's safety so the tractor would not move for them. :lol:

She seems to like most american food but still doesnt like ice in her drink or anything too sweet. check

She says its very peaceful here. no people and not much traffic (compared to china)check

I let her drive for the first time ever in a large parking lot. She almost hit a pole haha. she liked it but said it was really stressful. big check

Yep you've officially got yerself a genuine Chinese gal. :D Best of luck! :lol:

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

She seems to like most american food but still doesnt like ice in her drink or anything too sweet. check

She says its very peaceful here. no people and not much traffic (compared to china)check

I let her drive for the first time ever in a large parking lot. She almost hit a pole haha. she liked it but said it was really stressful. big check and double check

Yep you've officially got yerself a genuine Chinese gal. :D Best of luck! :lol:

Amen!!! :D