Have I disqualified myself?

There are two things that have come up in my wanting to marry a Chinese woman.

I am in the midst of divorcing my first Chinese wife, she was only after a green card and long term support. Fortunately this came to light before she got her 10 year card. I am not divorced from her yet, it is in process.

We had been separated for 4 months when I met another Chinese woman. I have met someone new and want to know if I would be rejected to try to bring her here either as a fiance' or wife. Which would be the better way to try?

The other thing is that I have already been married four times counting my most recent Chinese wife.

I know I have a lousy track record but is that enough to reject my request for her visa? I appreciate your input....

IMO you will probably be forced to wait for a number of years so I wouldn't be in any hurry to get her here. You will need to take your time and get to know this new woman really well. You will have a better chance if you get married in China. If you petition for the new woman soon after divorce then you are certain to be denied.

Good Luck!!

I don't think you have completely disqualified yourself, but with your history of four marriages and recent divorce with Chinese wife, it will raise red flags for sure. Someone suggested a good immigration attorney and in your case that might be wise. Don't mean to be negative, just realistic. Were any of the three marriages prior to the Chinese lady to a foreign woman, requiring a visa? :blink:

Mick just gave you some great advice. I'm going to add my 2 jiao worth. I'm not a big fan of lawyers but in this case it may be wise to talk to Marc Ellis. He is the authority on white slips and is expert at front loading petitions. Take your time, get to know her better and don't get in a hurry to file. The more visits you have to China and the longer you know her before filing will look better to GZ. You already have some red flags. You need to address them by front loading your petition when you file.

Good luck

As others have said, you have not disqualified yourself but you will be in a very tough situatuion.Only you know yourself and your own personal situation better than any of us. But there is very good advice offered here. One is a very good immigration attorney.You will need the advice and also one that is well versed with the workings of Guangzhou itself.

Time and patience is also required. You have not finished your divorce yet, finish that first, then take the time to meet your new girlfriend and get to know her very well.This will require multiple trips and time.You do not want to make the same mistakes that are plaguing you now.

You will have many red flags to deal with, 4th marriage, second Chinese wife, etc. All these red flags have to be addressed before you even think about applying for a new visa. It will take a lot of explaining and also these things will need to be explained in a Letter Of Evolution as well as your new fiancee if you choose to be with her as she may well be asked a lot of questions about your previous marriages. As long as these things are presented and well known on your next visa application, they should not be used against you as you have told them already.

Put yourself in the mind of the interviewing officer, what questions would you ask of the person applying for the visa? Remember, they are trying to prevent from happening what sounds like has happened to you now, marriage just for a green card.

The best advice I can give you is do lots of research, ask lots of questions, finish your divorce first and foremost and then move on.

I myself am just married 4th time, 3rd time to a Chinese woman, applied for fiancee visa years ago and now am in the process of CR-1 visa application. I have worked with an immigration attorney and asked lots of questions about my own case and am still gathering evidence and putting together paperwork. I am confident we will get the visa one day.

If not I have also decided I will move to China if that is what it takes.

Good luck

Paul

IMO you will probably be forced to wait for a number of years so I wouldn't be in any hurry to get her here. You will need to take your time and get to know this new woman really well. You will have a better chance if you get married in China. If you petition for the new woman soon after divorce then you are certain to be denied.

Good Luck!!

Agreed

I'll just add to some good advice that I think it would be a good idea if you hold off visiting your new gal until after you're divorced. And obviously don't use any correspondence between the two of you until that divorce as evidence of an ongoing relationship in your filing petition for the next visa.

Best of luck.

I wonder why even hassle it? If you're stuck on having an Asian (Chinese or other), there are many fine women here already who are looking for a good man to love and who'll take care of them in return.

IMHO, you're pushing your odds returning to China and going through that horrendous process again.

Still, for some odd reason, too many men who're on their Chinese-wife-first-time-failure-rebound continue to go back and try it again. My only guess is that they want to relive that fantasy trip. And, with that, I can't say that I blame them. :) Still, take a stab at looking here too.

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

My wife ismy 4th wife. I was in the process of getting divorced when I met Ying. We appliedfor a Fianc¨¦ Visa right after my divorce was final and it only took 6 monthsbefore she was here. Which from everything I have seen is about as quick as youcan get. However in my evidence that I sent in with our application was proofthat my 3rd wife and I had been separated and living apart for over4 years when I applied for divorce. My point is being married many times willnot stop you, but how you present yourself and your evidence will make a bigdifference. From everything I have seen when you apply you have to payattention to every detail and think whether it makes reasonable sense or not. Ifit does not sound good to you, it will not sound good to Guangzhou.

I don't think you have completely disqualified yourself, but with your history of four marriages and recent divorce with Chinese wife, it will raise red flags for sure. Someone suggested a good immigration attorney and in your case that might be wise. Don't mean to be negative, just realistic. Were any of the three marriages prior to the Chinese lady to a foreign woman, requiring a visa? :blink:

No, they were all American. The the main reason I went to China for a wife was to go to an entirely different culture. I had never before noticed how truly beautiful Asian women are so I was pretty enthusiastic about my trip there. In the past I had a way of attracting women that have been badly hurt and they see me as an easy mark. Took me a while to figure that out...The lady I met recently is not broken or damaged. She is very happy and healthy and in love with life. I don't feel the same attraction for her that I have felt with the others so I find that encouraging.

Edited by Daniel1122 (see edit history)

I want to thank all of you in sharing your experiences and thoughts. I used a lawyer the first time around and thought I might be able to avoid that this time but it doesn't look like it. I will take my time to get everything organized including writing out the "letter of evolution". Something I hadn't mentioned before is that I am 60 and she is 51. We don't have a lot of time to spend in the "waiting mode"...I will consult with an attorney and see what is the best path to take.

Thanks again to everyone for responding.

Edited by Daniel1122 (see edit history)

I want to thank all of you in sharing your experiences and thoughts. I used a lawyer the first time around and thought I might be able to avoid that this time but it doesn't look like it. I will take my time to get everything organized including writing out the "letter of evolution". Something I hadn't mentioned before is that I am 60 and she is 51. We don't have a lot of time to spend in the "waiting mode"...I will consult with an attorney and see what is the best path to take.

Thanks again to everyone for responding.

Age difference is a factor that can be taken into account in some cases. Most of the time it's not a disqualifyer one way or another. That being said, IMO your relative ages will be a plus in your case. Just thought you could use some positive input. :)

"... I hadn't mentioned before is that I am 60 and she is 51...." Yep, I agree, this takes significant pressure off in the eyes of the VO. A woman of 51 is much less likely to scam for a green card, first because you and her are more emotionally aligned, and her options are more limited as a single woman in America. New suspicions might revolve around various nuclear family members trying to tag along.

"... I hadn't mentioned before is that I am 60 and she is 51...." Yep, I agree, this takes significant pressure off in the eyes of the VO. A woman of 51 is much less likely to scam for a green card, first because you and her are more emotionally aligned, and her options are more limited as a single woman in America. New suspicions might revolve around various nuclear family members trying to tag along.

The information I've gotten here has been helpful. I need to know what I'm dealing with it looks like its going to be a bit more of an uphill slog than I first thought. I was hoping to have a faster resolution so we can get on with our lives, its not like we have another 20-30 years of quality life ahead of us. The rest of her family is settled and established so I wouldn't expect them to want to tag along.