Obtaining Police Certificate for foreigners, How to?

The Chinese authorities issue the documents - the Consulate SHOULD accept what they issue - it's not up to them to decide what the Chinese authorities should issue.

This SOUNDS like the correct document - is it notarized with English translation in the white book format? Notarial Offices are Gong Zheng Chu 公证书

I would keep trying for a response through the web email.

If you can get a statement from the PSB that this is the correct document, that may help

You might also contact Roger Lin - he is not an attorney, but has helped with many cases at the consulate and is highly thought of

Immigration Visa Assistance - Roger Lin, Visas China Immigration Service, offices in Nanning and Shanghai

Yes, the document we do have contains six pages includes Chinese original, English translation, etc, included notarial certificate plus copies.

Sadly, the authorities at PSB were not able to provide any written statement to issue the referenced document.

I will continue to send messages till any response from GUZ consulate, I think that was some kind of misunderstanding that can be solved.

And thanks a million for attorney info - that means our situation is not a dead end.

Edited by Gruzd (see edit history)
  • 3 months later...
Sadly, the authorities at PSB were not able to provide any written statement to issue the referenced document.

I will continue to send messages till any response from GUZ consulate, I think that was some kind of misunderstanding that can be solved.

And thanks a million for attorney info - that means our situation is not a dead end.

Would like to know what eventually happened ? It looks like it will take a few weeks to get a Police Certificate so I have to start now..

Edited by William Lee (see edit history)

Would like to know what eventually happened ? It looks like it will take a few weeks to get a Police Certificate so I have to start now..

Probably the only way you will find this out is to PM "Gruzd" they may respond, though last activity was last December.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/user/68649-gruzd/

Probably the only way you will find this out is to PM "Gruzd" they may respond, though last activity was last December.

Thanks for info for last activity... On his profile, there is no direct contact info like email or skyp.

I just sent him a PM on candleforlove. I believe if he sets it up, a PM will also send a message to a mail account outside candleforlove.

Thanks for info for last activity... On his profile, there is no direct contact info like email or skyp.

I just sent him a PM on candleforlove. I believe if he sets it up, a PM will also send a message to a mail account outside candleforlove.

Yes, PM should relay out to what ever email account they used to set up candle account.

• 1 month later...

Finally got a reply a few days ago from the PM I sent last month. Told Gruzd I was planning to post his reply in a few day.

William Lee

Gruzd said:

======================================================================

Hello!

I'm terribly sorry for not replying for such long time.

So, US Consulate requested a Police Certificate which covers whole territory of China, but PSB Office in Shenyang officially denied to give is such document, they only provided us a local Certificate which covered Shenyang district only. That document didn't work for Consulate but we told them there is no chance to obtain such document in Shenyang. That was a typical "Catch 22" situation, so Consulate called Shenyang PSB office and PSB confirmed that they're cannot provide whole country cover Certificate.

After that we received a letter said our visa approved. As we know, this situation happened in Shenyang only, other provinces will provide proper document with no problem.

Basically, that's it.

Good luck!