Obtaining Police Certificate for foreigners, How to?

In my own personal search I found out this useful information from the Australian Embassy Website, I hope this helps.

To obtaining a Chinese Police Clearance Certificate bring the following to the Beijing Public Security Bureau (PSB):

1. Contact your company(s) in Beijing and request a letter to confirm that you haven't been doing anything unlawful while working in the company (s).

2. You will then need to take the following documents to an authorised agency to obtain the certificate:

a. the letter(s) from your company(s)

B. the passport with your Chinese work visa

c. your current passport.

d. a letter of authorisation (Please note you will need to authorise someone in Beijing to apply for this certificate on your behalf).

Pleased be advised that the above information is provided by Beijing PSB. If you worked in other cities, you will need to contact their local PSB for information.

• 1 month later...

Just did it myself and want to report how is the deal:

The Police Certificate is not handled directly at the PSB office, don't even waste your time trying to ask there. It is outsourced through a company. Their offices are located just 30 m west of the PSB on the same street, just before a bus station. There are no signs.

Cost of the "no crime" (that's how they call it) and one notarized translation to english was RMB 518 and it takes 3-4 weeks! If you want it faster or want more copies there will be additional fees.

Documents needed:

- Your passport with the chinese visa

- Home registration

- "No crime" letter from your employer

Hope this helps someone...

30 meters west of which PSB office? There are PSB's all throughout Beijing and China.......

Do you mean the big visa center type place near the Llama Temple/Yong He Gong??

Thanks!

Just did it myself and want to report how is the deal:

The Police Certificate is not handled directly at the PSB office, don't even waste your time trying to ask there. It is outsourced through a company. Their offices are located just 30 m west of the PSB on the same street, just before a bus station. There are no signs.

Cost of the "no crime" (that's how they call it) and one notarized translation to english was RMB 518 and it takes 3-4 weeks! If you want it faster or want more copies there will be additional fees.

Documents needed:

- Your passport with the chinese visa

- Home registration

- "No crime" letter from your employer

Hope this helps someone...

In my own personal search I found out this useful information from the Australian Embassy Website, I hope this helps.

To obtaining a Chinese Police Clearance Certificate bring the following to the Beijing Public Security Bureau (PSB):

1. Contact your company(s) in Beijing and request a letter to confirm that you haven't been doing anything unlawful while working in the company (s).

2. You will then need to take the following documents to an authorised agency to obtain the certificate:

a. the letter(s) from your company(s)

B. the passport with your Chinese work visa

c. your current passport.

d. a letter of authorisation (Please note you will need to authorise someone in Beijing to apply for this certificate on your behalf).

Pleased be advised that the above information is provided by Beijing PSB. If you worked in other cities, you will need to contact their local PSB for information.

This same website also advises that

You should contact the local Public Security Bureau (PSB), Entry & Exit Office directly to obtain a police clearance certificate. We've contacted Beijing PSB on your behalf and were advised that they are able to issue this certificate only to foreign citizens who held a Chinese work visa .

. . .

. . . and from the British embassy

http://ukinchina.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-china/Notarial-and-other-services

If you wish to obtain a criminal record clearance from the Chinese authorities, you will need to apply for a Certificate of No Criminal Record 无犯罪记录证明

* To apply for a certificate while you are resident in China, you should apply to your local Public Security Bureau.

* To obtain a certificate after you have left China you should contact the local PSB. However you can also try service companies that offer services to help foreign residents.

* In Shanghai's district (Including municipality of Shanghai, provinces of Jiangsu, Anhui and Zhejiang), the local Notary Public is responsible for issuing such a certificate.

* In Guangzhou and Shenzhen, the local Notary Public is responsible for issuing such a certificate.

* In Chongqing's district (Including municipality of Chongqing, provinces of Sichuan, Yunan and Guizhou), the nearest police station (to be visited first) and the local Notary Public are both responsible for issuing such a certificate.

* In Beijing, the Shuang Xiong company offers this service for current or former residents of Beijing

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Ahhhh, got ya, thanks!

I'm talking about the PSB that deals with the visas and resident permits for foreigners.

Here are the details of the place:

Shuangxiong Foreign Service Company

No 3 An Ding Men Dong Dajie

Phone: + 8610 64027616

A little clarification, are we talking about a US or Chinese citizen obtaining a certificate, or someone from another country?

• Chinese citizen typically gets from PSB having jurisdiction over their houshold book.
  • Person from third country for example a Russian would follow procedure noted above if getting cert to immigrate to USA.
  • US Citizen is not required to get a cert for themselves, if living in China, for their spouse to get visa only there non US citizen spouse or fiancee needs cert.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Does anyone know foreign service companies (similar mentioned above) in Shenyang? Google didn't help.

Our story in a few words:

My fiancee already passed interview in Guangzhou but was requested in addition for Police Certificate.

She obtained one before the interview but during the interview officer rejected it saying that certificate only covers Shenyang, but not a whole country.

She went to PSB again (in Shenyang) but they said there is no such document can be provided for foreign citizens.

So, we're stuck.

I called foreign service companies in Bj, but they only can service in Bj.

Please, help.

P.S. - my fiancee from another country.

Hello!

Does anyone know foreign service companies (similar mentioned above) in Shenyang? Google didn't help.

Our story in a few words:

My fiancee already passed interview in Guangzhou but was requested in addition for Police Certificate.

She obtained one before the interview but during the interview officer rejected it saying that certificate only covers Shenyang, but not a whole country.

She went to PSB again (in Shenyang) but they said there is no such document can be provided for foreign citizens.

So, we're stuck.

I called foreign service companies in Bj, but they only can service in Bj.

Please, help.

P.S. - my fiancee from another country.

She will (apparently) need to go to the PSB in each city that she lived in - hopefully a not too difficult task.

This is basically a no criminal record affidavit - without a central database (i.e., hukou) to maintain this record, it would obviously be impossible to acquire one for the entire country.

"The GOC does not issue police records for temporary residents of China in L or F visa categories."

>>This is basically a no criminal record affidavit - without a central database (i.e., hukou) to maintain this record, it would obviously be impossible to acquire one for the entire country.

I was suppose that.

My fiancee was residing and registered in Shenyang for the entire time while living in China and never visited other Chinese cities.

Sadly, GUZ did not answer our questions about this situation sent using they're web-form.

But thanks for info! :)

>>This is basically a no criminal record affidavit - without a central database (i.e., hukou) to maintain this record, it would obviously be impossible to acquire one for the entire country.

I was suppose that.

My fiancee was residing and registered in Shenyang for the entire time while living in China and never visited other Chinese cities.

Sadly, GUZ did not answer our questions about this situation sent using they're web-form.

But thanks for info! :)

What exactly did you get? What office did you go to and what does it say? That may be where the problem is, unless the VO misinterpreted what he saw

What exactly did you get? What office did you go to and what does it say? That may be where the problem is, unless the VO misinterpreted what he saw

The document we do have provided by "Exit and Entry Administration Office of Shenyang, Municipal Public Security Bureau"

It seems that's proper organization, the only one can provide such document in Shenyang.

English translation says:

"Certificate of having no record of committing offence.

This is to certifiy that ______, female, born on _____ , nationality___ have no record of having committing offence against the criminal law during her residence in Shenyang from May 2008 till the certificate is used."

This document was rejected by VO during the interview and what confuses me even more - the day before before interview, when receptionist collected and reviewed required docs (new procedure), also said that certificate is not what they need. Right after the interview my fiancee went to local PSB in Guangzhou and was informed by authorities that the certificate she got is just exactly what she needs for the interview.

Same situation happened later in Shenyang, at the local PSB office.

Since then we're trying to contact GUZ consulate using web-form to clear this situation, but no success so far. Well, maybe it's just because long Chinese holidays plus Columbus day :)

Edited by Gruzd (see edit history)

The document we do have provided by "Exit and Entry Administration Office of Shenyang, Municipal Public Security Bureau"

It seems that's proper organization, the only one can provide such document in Shenyang.

English translation says:

"Certificate of having no record of committing offence.

This is to certifiy that ______, female, born on _____ , nationality___ have no record of having committing offence against the criminal law during her residence in Shenyang from May 2008 till the certificate is used."

This document was rejected by VO during the interview and what confuses me even more - the day before before interview, when receptionist collected and reviewed required docs (new procedure), also said that certificate is not what they need. Right after the interview my fiancee went to local PSB in Guangzhou and was informed by authorities that the certificate she got is just exactly what she needs for the interview.

Same situation happened later in Shenyang, at the local PSB office.

Since then we're trying to contact GUZ consulate using web-form to clear this situation, but no success so far. Well, maybe it's just because long Chinese holidays plus Columbus day :)

The Chinese authorities issue the documents - the Consulate SHOULD accept what they issue - it's not up to them to decide what the Chinese authorities should issue.

This SOUNDS like the correct document - is it notarized with English translation in the white book format? Notarial Offices are Gong Zheng Chu ¹«Ö¤Êé

I would keep trying for a response through the web email.

If you can get a statement from the PSB that this is the correct document, that may help

You might also contact Roger Lin - he is not an attorney, but has helped with many cases at the consulate and is highly thought of

Immigration Visa Assistance - Roger Lin, Visas China Immigration Service, offices in Nanning and Shanghai