Computers

fake apple stores reported in china so buyers bewarned... http://finance.yahoo....html?x=0&.v=10

Apple keeps a tight grip on their prices. The genuine Apple products in Mainland China are always more expensive. I bought my Ipad in Hong Kong, it was the same exact price I would have paid for it in the States.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fake apple stores reported in china so buyers bewarned... http://finance.yahoo....html?x=0&.v=10

Looks like the fake apple stores are not limited to China...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/jul/25/fake-apple-stores-not-limited-to-china

• 1 month later...

An update on the computer......we bought a $449 computer from BestBuy and didn't have to buy any other operating systems for it. Fengqi downloaded qq on it and he and Wenyan can talk and see their friends, and Wenyan can look look at her Chinese investments with no problem. Just switched the language to Chinese and wallah......good to go.

I also bought Fengqi a Besta 737P translator. It's way better than the one I bought Wenyan a few years back. Also got them both cell phones and they use my old plan with FreeCallPlanet with it's 5,700 minutes for $25.

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions in this.

Oh yeah, today is our tenth day here and we signed a contract on a beautiful house yesterday. Today, the seller signed his end and I guess in October we'll move into our new home. I'll post about it down in the "family becoming a pack of heathens" thread.

We're all happy and getting along great as a family unit. We've had a couple of small family talks and I tell you, they are priceless.

Thanks again to all, for your help both in the past and the present.

We're getting to live our dream, together, and right here in the awesome "purple mountain majesty" of Bedford County. I'm finding I couldn't have written my own script for this life that would make it any better than it's turning out. Wenyan and Fengqi are stress free, don't miss China at all, and we have a ball in the American grocery stores and malls together. It is so much fun to go places with them or sit at home together (no TV) and talk and laugh and kid each other. I love laughing at myself and believe you me, these two characters give me a fit, in such a funnny and loving way.

tsap seui

Thank you Department of State for our FREEDOM. This is quickly becoming the most rewarding part of my entire life.

tsap seui

Hey Tsap, Glad to hear all of you are doing good. I took everything out of the 3rd bedroom, and made it into an office type room. I set up a computer router so as my wife can do her thing on her laptop, and I can look for old car junk on my computer. She can watch China TV on her laptop, same as she did in China. My wife does not miss Chongqing too much right now, with it over 100 degree there everyday.

Hey Tsap, Glad to hear all of you are doing good. I took everything out of the 3rd bedroom, and made it into an office type room. I set up a computer router so as my wife can do her thing on her laptop, and I can look for old car junk on my computer. She can watch China TV on her laptop, same as she did in China. My wife does not miss Chongqing too much right now, with it over 100 degree there everyday.

Hey buddy, glad to hear things are going good for you guys.

I bought a router too and dumb as I am about computer lucked out and got it to work so both of our computers work at the same time too. Like you, when we get into our new house we're gonna turn the third bedroom into the computer room.

We had a ball yesterday talking on qq to the in-laws, then Wenyan took the computer outside and showed them some mountain views, the car, the outside of the apartment....there wasn't too many cars going by for her to show them any traffic, or people walking the sidewalks. :lol: Then last night she gave one of her Fushun friends who I meet in 2006 and who lives in America since 2007 a great surprise. Winnie didn't trust this gal as they had both used the same agency, so she told her years ago that we had split up...you should have seen the look on this gals face when I sat down in front of the computer. :lol: She about fell out of her chair.

We watch an occassional movie but don't they don't watch any TV yet or anything on the computer.

Some folks ask them if they miss China and they both quickly say "No". They both have such easy access to their friends and family by phone and qq since they got here, and each day has been so busy that the homesickness is being delayed.

Great to hear about your adventures.

tsap seui