need advice

my wife went to interview yesterday and got a white slip with requesting resume and work history. has anyone else got anything like it?? is this a good or bad thing?? please help.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6129/5940098660_ef83e6790c_b.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that is what we on Candle call a Blue slip because an RFE is normally on a blue paper, a "White" slip tends to be an outright denial.

Anyway, not a major thing, just provide them with what they request. Does your spouse work a job that is high profile as in a government job, and does the job require party membership? If required to join the party was the answers honest when asked about CCP?

Looks like this can be emailed to them as per the RFE, so could possibly be done quickly.

OMG, thank you so much for your quick reply. I am so relieved. I was concern because of the white paper. My wife is not working and not in CCP at all. it's me that is working at very low profile government job. hopefully I will get a visa as soon as I turn in what they ask for.

Edited by crazybanana (see edit history)

Keep in mind they are asking the work and travel history of intending immigrant, not US Citizen.

This is weird if she's not even working.

My wife is not working and was a clerk so she needed not to provide ANY resume.

GZ asks for detailed resume if the Chinese works in technical field . What's her background ? anything involved in high security area ? past or present . based on the biography section in DS 230 she submitted .

Edited by bullmastiff (see edit history)

she has no background at all. high school education. worked retail for a short time. hasn't work for the past three years.

Guangzhou is asking for your wife's resume and working plan NOT yours. What your wife received is a blue slip with required information in a white sheet. It is not a white slip. The sooner you send the information back to Guangzhou, the sooner your wife will receive a call-in-letter. No need to think too much about why Guangzhou asks the information although usually it is asked when the applicant works in a high/governmental/academic position. I provided my resume and working plan as required.

what is call-in letter? did you get a pink slip after submitting the resume and working plan? I am just trying figure out how to write this up.

Since you got an RFE, they probably did not take the passport to place a visa in, a call in letter is instructions to return to the consulate to turn in passport in order for them to place visa stamp in it.

Anyone has an example of this type of resume I can reference from? I feel like I have one shot at this. GZ can reject anything for any reason. it's one REF away between white slip and pink. I feel like I must get this one last thing perfect.

what is call-in letter? did you get a pink slip after submitting the resume and working plan? I am just trying figure out how to write this up.

After you submit the requested information, Guangzhou will review your case again and then send your wife a call-in letter telling her her immigration visa is approved and asking her to return Guangzhou with her passport. So a call-in letter is a pink slip call!! Yes, I got a call-in letter.

To my knownledge, it is unlikely to turn her blue slip to white slip after you submit required information. Just honestly present it in English and Chinese. There are many free resume templates available online. I think the style of resume is not important as the her true history. For a working plan, simply state what she will do in USA. It is pretty easy. Do not worry about it. She will be fine.

It seems like we are seeing more of these resume requests. There is a certain type of SAO (Security Advisory Opinion) required as a security check for those that work in certain high tech fields. They haven't been checking this very well in the past so are probably starting to check this more, hence more blues for resumes, and delays if an SAO is required... This is more common for H visa cases.

It seems like we are seeing more of these resume requests. There is a certain type of SAO (Security Advisory Opinion) required as a security check for those that work in certain high tech fields. They haven't been checking this very well in the past so are probably starting to check this more, hence more blues for resumes, and delays if an SAO is required... This is more common for H visa cases.

Good point, probably a good idea to add one to the "Kitchen Sink" and turn one in at the document intake.