The Rocket's Red Glare

"The bombs bursting in air"!

So, you like fireworks? Some of you may know that I have the fortune of being able to work setting up professional displays.( I am allowed to play with some big ass boomers) On last night's show I placed a camera right in the middle of the pit, looking staight up. This is what I got. You will hear voices as this is hand fired event. Near the end, you will hear the operator call out my name. That is the que for me to take over and finish it. It is in HD so, go full screen and turn it up, and... ENJOY.

"The bombs bursting in air"!

So, you like fireworks? Some of you may know that I have the fortune of being able to work setting up professional displays.( I am allowed to play with some big ass boomers) On last night's show I placed a camera right in the middle of the pit, looking staight up. This is what I got. You will hear voices as this is hand fired event. Near the end, you will hear the operator call out my name. That is the que for me to take over and finish it. It is in HD so, go full screen and turn it up, and... ENJOY.

SPEC - TAC- YOU- LAR :D :rolleyes:

Thanks for the ring side seats. Since I missed the local show last night, you made my day.

GREAT JOB !!!!!

Damn, Jim. When you fired the finale, it looked like a machine gun shooting tracers. That's got to be one hell of rush being in the middle of all that.

A long time ago me and the current family went to a display in Enterprise, Oregon. A little town on the bank of the Willamette River, just outside Salem. They had their fireworks display on July 3rd (or 5th) to celebrate the town's founding. Anyway, the fireworks were set off in a park next to river and we were so close, the embers fell on us. But when the shots went off way up there in the air, we could feel the ground shake.

I've been to a lot of firework displays over the years, but I remember that night at Enterprise and consider it one of the best because we were so frickin' close to the action.

You lucky muther. :D

It is quite an experience. Every shot, you feel when it's fired. One problem, I usually don't see much of the show. We are too busy to just stop and look up.