August interview group.

Quick questions, Does my fiancee need to bring her Chinese ID to the interview or is her passport enough? and How did you guys get from the airport to yangs apartments?

Thanks

From the airport, you can take a taxi ~150 RMB, take a bus ~50 RMB (I think it is the #6) or take the subway. ~10 RMB. You need to go to the East Railway Station, the consulate is a short walk from there.

As for her Chinese ID, first I think any Chinese is supposed to carry their ID at all times. Unless you made the plane reservation using her passport she will need it for the plane and I am not sure if they do but the Yang's should require it to check-in.

The consulate won't ask for it (a Chinese ID is all in characters so if they did, we all would have to get them translated). However, she might need it for the EMS package so I would bring it to the interview as well.

Edited by Beachey (see edit history)

Quick questions, Does my fiancee need to bring her Chinese ID to the interview or is her passport enough? and How did you guys get from the airport to yangs apartments?

Thanks

From the airport, you can take a taxi ~150 RMB, take a bus ~50 RMB (I think it is the #6) or take the subway. ~10 RMB. You need to go to the East Railway Station, the consulate is a short walk from there.

As for her Chinese ID, first I think any Chinese is supposed to carry their ID at all times. Unless you made the plane reservation using her passport she will need it for the plane and I am not sure if they do but the Yang's should require it to check-in.

The consulate won't ask for it (a Chinese ID is all in characters so if they did, we all would have to get them translated). However, she might need it for the EMS package so I would bring it to the interview as well.

On the shuttle bus you get off at the second stop...at CITIC. There is a large park across from CITIC. Facing away from CITIC you walk into the park and to the right to the consulate. At the consulate, and facing it, walk towards the corner to your left, turn right and walk on a few paces. The entrance to the Yangs apartments is on your right where you see a sign that says "The MAsk".

If you call the Yangs one of them will meet you. The wife's sister met us at the bus stop.

Good luck with the interview.

tsap seui

Thanks

Just passport is needed for interview.

I hired a car to bring us from airport to consulate building and later back to airport, used China Highlights tour agency for domestic flights and the car. http://www.chinahighlights.com/

Others indicate a bus runs from airport to Tianhe portion of city perhaps to the train term not far from consulate.

Hello Everyone,

I just want to say again that this forum has been very helpful in the process of applying for my fiancee K1 visa. So many question shave been answered without me even asking. I wanted to give a brief overview of my situation to see if you guys have any advice you would like to pass on. We have our appointment date on August 22nd and our interview on August 23rd.

First my fiancee and I are both 22 years old. I am the American citizen (I was originally born in China also) and she is the Chinese national. We have known each other for a year and a half now. We first started chatting on QQ in March of 2010 when I studied a semester abroad in China in spring of 2010. Not to go into the boring details, we have been together ever since. I have gone to visit her 4 times. The first time while I was studying abroad, the second and third time while I was in America, and the fourth time to be with her at the interview on August 22nd. She speaks really good English, she is a business English major, and I speak fluent Mandarin as I am Chinese, so communication is not a problem between us. However, we are both young. I will be graduating this December, so I don't have that much income on my tax returns besides summer internships that I have done. My father will be our co-sponsor, he works in the restaurant business and has made over 50k over the last three years, but his job does not give out pay stubs so we don't have any for him. My father and brother both have good full time jobs and have supported me in my 4 trips back to China. I am thinking they could ask a question about that. My fiancee is in her 3rd year of college. I don't know if this will hurt us being that same age and young.

We both have never married before nor have children. She has never been out of China. She is not a ccp. I have collected a lot of evidence for our interview. Photos, Plane tickets, Chats, Telephone records hotel receipts, train tickets, my study abroad info, etc. However, I did not do a great job of front loading our petition as it only consist of plane tickers, phone records, study abroad evidence, copy of passport stamps, photos, and letters I wrote to her. Hoping that the VO will give us a chance to present the evidence I have collected during this process. This is the general sense of my case. What do you guys think about it? Anything you guys think I should focus on in my preparation?

Thanks in Advance.

Hello Everyone,

I just want to say again that this forum has been very helpful in the process of applying for my fiancee K1 visa. So many question shave been answered without me even asking. I wanted to give a brief overview of my situation to see if you guys have any advice you would like to pass on. We have our appointment date on August 22nd and our interview on August 23rd.

First my fiancee and I are both 22 years old. I am the American citizen (I was originally born in China also) and she is the Chinese national. We have known each other for a year and a half now. We first started chatting on QQ in March of 2010 when I studied a semester abroad in China in spring of 2010. Not to go into the boring details, we have been together ever since. I have gone to visit her 4 times. The first time while I was studying abroad, the second and third time while I was in America, and the fourth time to be with her at the interview on August 22nd. She speaks really good English, she is a business English major, and I speak fluent Mandarin as I am Chinese, so communication is not a problem between us. However, we are both young. I will be graduating this December, so I don't have that much income on my tax returns besides summer internships that I have done. My father will be our co-sponsor, he works in the restaurant business and has made over 50k over the last three years, but his job does not give out pay stubs so we don't have any for him. My father and brother both have good full time jobs and have supported me in my 4 trips back to China. I am thinking they could ask a question about that. My fiancee is in her 3rd year of college. I don't know if this will hurt us being that same age and young.

We both have never married before nor have children. She has never been out of China. She is not a ccp. I have collected a lot of evidence for our interview. Photos, Plane tickets, Chats, Telephone records hotel receipts, train tickets, my study abroad info, etc. However, I did not do a great job of front loading our petition as it only consist of plane tickers, phone records, study abroad evidence, copy of passport stamps, photos, and letters I wrote to her. Hoping that the VO will give us a chance to present the evidence I have collected during this process. This is the general sense of my case. What do you guys think about it? Anything you guys think I should focus on in my preparation?

Thanks in Advance.

Thoughts:

1. Being young as you are, having your father be your co-sponsor would not be considered unusual. You still need to fill out an I-864 and you will need three year's of tax returns (or a statement why you did not have to file). Your father will need his last three years of tax returns. Since he does not have W-2/pay stubs, I would make sure you have copies of his 1099's (as an independent contractor) or if he owns his own business a Profit/Loss Statement from his accountant/Business License/other proof of ongoing income.

2. Given Chinese culture, your brother and father helping you out does not strike me as unusual however it does bring up a potential red flag.

3. Is there any relationship between your fiance and your respective families. Are you from the same hometowns? Does she have relatives in the States? Could you or your family have incentive to bring her over for reasons other than a bonafide marriage? Given that your fiance is in her third year (of four?) in college why did you file now and not a year from now when she has graduated? The timing for her seems strange and brings up a question in my mind (and the VO?) . You should think how you will address these questions (if applicable)

4. Typically, your ability to present additional relationship evidence at the interview is limited with the notable exception of photos so I would prepare as many photos as possible documenting your relationship. Bring the other evidence so it is quickly accessible so she can present it if asked.

Good luck, none of these issues may come up in the interview but you should be prepared to address them.

The guy who interviewed Fang read the entire evolution of relationship letter and then looked over all of the photos. We only had six. We had 20 pages of skype messages, but he just glanced at the top one. Then he put her through the paces with about 20 questions. She didn't understand his chinese so they did the whole interview in english. At the end he approved her visa.

I think the affidavit of support business is purely a quantitative pass or fail issue. The EOR letter and photos and the interview are somewhat subjective depending on the Consulate Officer. Speaking english probably helps a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I am also a new member here. I have found a lot of useful information here. I am happy to report that I just received our P4 letter with a interview date of August 22, 2011. I am excited as we have waited a long time for this day. We started our journey down the long path of paperwork and waiting last Nov 20. I have done all of it myself but did hire a immigration attorney. Not for my sake but for my wife. I have tried but she is just unable to do this on her own so I got her the help she needs. I will keep all posted on the results and all in between.

Good luck on the interview.

tsap seui

Well, I just received the results from my lovely wife. She passed her interview and will receive her visa. I was a bit worried as I have only made 1 trip to China and her English is very poor. Our love and commitment was always there. We paid careful attention to all of the processes and the requirements and made sure to do them all correctly the first time. This site was a big help as was the Yang's and their hotel. Thank you all for the support and help. Hope all goes well for those of you still waiting.

Edited by Storm (see edit history)

We got the APPROVAL and a nap! I can rest a little easier now. Making possible travel scenarios and planning the best way back to "Sweet Home Chicago"

Congrats Danny! We (joanna and I) were wondering how things finished up. Looks like we both called our own "under" times. Talk to you soon.

Well, I just received the results from my lovely wife. She passed her interview and will receive her visa. . .

Just got back from the consulate we got the visa!!!!!!!!!!! They are giving out white slips for passed interviews now. I wll give more details later. Now time to rest.

We got the APPROVAL and a nap! I can rest a little easier now. Making possible travel scenarios and planning the best way back to "Sweet Home Chicago"

Sounds like August is a great month for interviews! Congratulations everyone.

Well, I just received the results from my lovely wife. She passed her interview and will receive her visa. I was a bit worried as I have only made 1 trip to China and her English is very poor. Our love and commitment was always there. We paid careful attention to all of the processes and the requirements and made sure to do them all correctly the first time. This site was a big help as was the Yang's and their hotel. Thank you all for the support and help. Hope all goes well for those of you still waiting.

Just got back from the consulate we got the visa!!!!!!!!!!! They are giving out white slips for passed interviews now. I wll give more details later. Now time to rest.

Congrats Danny! We (joanna and I) were wondering how things finished up. Looks like we both called our own "under" times. Talk to you soon.

Congratulations to all of you!

• 3 weeks later...