Evolution of Relationship letter

I think it depends on the situation. I think the KISS method is best unless you have extenuating circumstances that need detailed explanation. Otherwise, simple, clear and concise is best imho.

Very sound advice. I agree 100 percent.

I think it depends on the situation. I think the KISS method is best unless you have extenuating circumstances that need detailed explanation. Otherwise, simple, clear and concise is best imho.

Correct, for example in my case, neither myself or my wife had been married before, we did not write a separate letter, simply made a one line statement in the box on form I-129F, something like, "Met on line <Date>, started exchanging emails <date>, decided to visit <date>, visited <date>, engaged <date>..."

Correct, for example in my case, neither myself or my wife had been married before, we did not write a separate letter, simply made a one line statement in the box on form I-129F, something like, "Met on line <Date>, started exchanging emails <date>, decided to visit <date>, visited <date>, engaged <date>..."

What he said.

I think this is a very important document.

Perhaps the letter should be like a women's skirt.....long enough to cover the subject and short enough to be interesting. Our's was 2 pages..FYI....mostly needed to layout "reasons" why I was living in China, School attendance, and 500 previous marriages. Whatever you do stick to the facts...and it will be fine.

Ours was exactly two pages. I talked about how we met and became friends, onto traveling together and starting a relationship, my relationship with her family, and finally about when we got married. It's also worth getting letters from friends and/or family, testifying to the validity of your relationship. I had my mom, best friend and his girlfriend write letters, and they got them notarized. We submitted that with our I-130. Anything to help, right?

Posted · Hidden by yemmie, June 19, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by yemmie, June 19, 2011 - No reason given

Well, in our case, when we first filed for K-1, we each wrote a one page letter. Then, when I wrote the evolution letter for the interview, it was a lot longer because we had fiest met in 2005

Well, in our case, when we first filed for K-1, we each wrote a one page letter. Then, when I wrote the evolution letter for the interview, it was a lot longer (4 pages, notarized)because we had first met in 2005 and were finally preparing for the interview in 2008. We used those four pages to document the progression of our relationship from first interest to "let's spend the rest of our life together'" to what we had been doing while we were waiting for the visa. Was that the right way to do it? I'll never know because no one looked at it at the interview.

Edited by yemmie (see edit history)

Ours was exactly two pages. I talked about how we met and became friends, onto traveling together and starting a relationship, my relationship with her family, and finally about when we got married. It's also worth getting letters from friends and/or family, testifying to the validity of your relationship. I had my mom, best friend and his girlfriend write letters, and they got them notarized. We submitted that with our I-130. Anything to help, right?

You read my mind on the external letters. I've got two from a couple of friends waiting on pickup and another two still outstanding. Though they're taking so long I may just send the package without them.

Well, in our case, when we first filed for K-1, we each wrote a one page letter. Then, when I wrote the evolution letter for the interview, it was a lot longer (4 pages, notarized)because we had first met in 2005 and were finally preparing for the interview in 2008. We used those four pages to document the progression of our relationship from first interest to "let's spend the rest of our life together'" to what we had been doing while we were waiting for the visa. Was that the right way to do it? I'll never know because no one looked at it at the interview.

You add a great point. Perhaps they don't look at them. But the one time we provide the bare minimum that's asked of us on their forms, that's when we're asked for more. We can never be too careful.