:angry: huan's visa has been send on the 10th of dec from nvc, on the 9 th of jan, it was cleared the custom. well then i send an email to them to ask whether they have already received the case and when they plan to send the p3 to her. well, i am so glad that i got a reply monday from iv unit. it was said that huan's case has been received and they have already send her the p3 on the 9 th. i feel excited after i saw the email. today huan called them to rectify her address. suprisingly, the worker told her that they have not received her case.

:P does that mean the mail system was different from the telephone system? i need to call them but find out that their calling system has changed and i was not able to get hold of them in perosn anymore.

:angry: huan's visa has been send on the 10th of dec from nvc, on the 9 th of jan, it was cleared the custom. well then i send an email to them to ask whether they have already received the case and when they plan to send the p3 to her. well, i am so glad that i got a reply monday from iv unit. it was said that huan's case has been received and they have already send her the p3 on the 9 th. i feel excited after i saw the email. today huan called them to rectify her address. suprisingly, the worker told her that they have not received her case.

:ph34r:  does that mean the mail system was different from the telephone system? i need to call them but find out that their calling system has changed and i was not able to get hold of them in perosn anymore.

My NVC package arrived on 11/13 and sat in customs hold for one month until 12/10.. I then sent an e-mail every seven days to them and was told they do not have it up to 01/12. I have gotten this answer. I asked them I just want to make sure you have the papers and they are not lost no special treatment still the same answer we do not have it. Well I am generally a patiant man and understand we are ALL waiting but do not tell me you have lost my documents because thats what it sounds like.. That said, I have now turned this over to my U.S. Senator Richard Shelby as of yesterday he was faxing them and he said that they usually respond to him quickly.. I am fed up with not getting a staight answer..no special treatment just tell me at least you have the documents, then I know the rest will fall into place. So my friend my package was there a month before yours and they do not see mine I am not quite sure how they will see yours..seeing how it came after mine..Of course assuming they work in order of course again this is China!

Best to all

Mike

:ph34r:  does that mean the mail system was different from the telephone system? i need to call them but find out that their calling system has changed and i was not able to get hold of them in perosn anymore.

I went through the same thing.. It was incredibly difficult to tell my fiancee that in fact gz did not have our paperwork and that the fist message they sent me was a lie. From that point on, I always double-checked anything they said with the DoS (202-663-1225, 1 then 0). Expect a wait of around a month for the paperwork to clear customs. Once it clears customs, it might take upwards of 1.5 months to get your P3 issued. Their website says (or at least said) that it takes around 3 to 6 months from CIS approval to issuance of your P3.

Sounds like a left hand/right hand problem. Like Bobby, I always double check everything with DOS in DC, but it seems to me that if your email acknowledged the files, the info is likely in their system.

Also, I have heard that GZ is more responsive when they talk to an American than to a Chinese person. Maybe, Huan got a person who was a bit too curt.

Just a side note on the address. GZ, for whatever reason, sent our P3 to the wrong address, and I ended up having to send an email to give them the address in Chinese characters - faxes didn't seem to resolve the problem. The email seemed to work despite the fact that the form indicates that only pinyin is acceptable.

bobby. what's your mean by the dos? is it in china or in us? your mean you can check what'guangdong say through dos system?

Its in the US. When you first file your paperwork, you file with the INS (or BCIS, immigration). Once your paperwork goes to the NVC, it is handed-off to the Department of State (DoS). Until she gets to the US, you'll be dealing with the DoS (they run the consulates). When the NVC gets your forms, the create a computer record of your information. When GZ receives your forms and sends a P3, they make a note on your computer record. The visa offices of the DoS (in Washington, DC) can see this computer record, so if you call them, give them your GUZ number, date of birth of your fiancee, and his/her name, they can pull up this record and tell you if GZ has updated it or not. They are pretty helpful and I've always been able to get through to a person. The wait time can be between 5 and 45 minutes, but its not too bad. Plus, you don't have to spend the long distance you would have to if you called GZ.

AFSHIERY

I also got an email from GZ stating they have no idea when they will receive the info from NVC. yet, NVC says they sent on 12-17. DHL says it was deliveredd on 12-29....I just got off the phone with DHL and they are faxing me a copy of the document coversheet itself that was stamped and received on 12-29-03 at 9:35am by the consulate...this can be done, just need to ask for it..1-800-225-5345

AF - In picking through your dates here you may have to dig a little deeper. You say that the consulate signed for a package on the 29th.

They always pick up and sign for 1 package - out of a group of 3 or more packages. When you get the information from DHL, all you know for sure is that your docs were sent on a certain day in a certain group of packages.

When they arrive, the consulate immediately signs for 1 package, which is their diplomatic stuff. The other packages sit at DHL in GZ for nearly a month before they are signed for by the consulate.

I estimate your docs would then be picked up by the consulate approximately Jan 23,04.

Dean

Frank,

In that case, who knows ? I guess it's classed in the GZ mail room "ageing" process.

Possibly there is some validity to the "GZ Priority Date Theory" that I posted yesterday, it's about 5 topics below this current one.

I feel your pain. The no information - don't know spin can get a little harsh.

Dean

I emailed GZ a week ago. They sent me back a rather rude reply saying that it can take several months for the petition to make it from NVC to GZ and to just be patient. My petiton was sent from NVC December 5th. If the priority date theory is trued Bing should have gotten P-3 by now since we waited 187 days at NSC. I am considering calling DOS but I'm not sure it would do any good if GZ hasn't entered it into their system yet. I thought waiting at NVC was bad. At least there I knew for sure where the petition was. http://novasonoma.itgo.com/det18/V1.jpg

well, here is the email I sent GZ....I read on another site. somebody sent this same info and they got something done by them actaully getting off there duff and filing it....

File left NVC in New Hampshire 12-17-03

arrived GZ customs 12-20-03

cleared customs 12-22-03

DHL attempted deliver 12-24-03 (no one home)

DHL delivered to consulate and was signed for on 12-29-03, 9:35am

Tracking bill number 9286#### and 9286####

I have copy of official stamp on bill that was received at the consulate on 12-29-03, 9:35am from DHL.

name      GUZ-2003              DOB

Please notify me that:

blah blah blah blah blah blah

Thats exactlly what I did and they still said they do not have it.. But you are right my gut is some Chinese national who works there who speaks English but can not read between the lines answers the e-mails.. :blink:

Mikem