She just got back and Blue

I just got off the phone with her. She got blue slip because she did not have the one document that said her daughter could come here to the US.

She is wanting to hire a lawyer that was outside the consulate for 400 dollars to provide the one document.

I keep telling her that we do not need to. Does she have to be there with passports to get her visa?

Can she not send it in with the document to get the visa?

What now?

We are K1....her daughter is with the visa. so K2

thanks again gang!

No need to hire a lawyer. There are too many immigration agencies on the first, second and third floors where the consulate is. They advertise their services to all people attending. exiting, and staying around the building.

She needs to get a statement from her ex-husband to allow the kid go with her to US. Then bring the letter to a notary office and get a white book. It only costs about $40.

After she submits the required document (the white book), she will be waiting for a call-in letter. With call-in letter, she can go to Guangzhou by herself with her and her daugther's passports , or let other people do it for her. Usually people trust Mr. Yang. He charges RMB1000 for doing that.

Now get the statement from her ex-husband first.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

Yeah, she had the white book. She did not take it with her, she left it in the hotel.

She posted it to the embassy 2 hours after her interview.

She wanted to hire the lawyer so she did not have to go back to Guangzhou. I told her it wasn't necessary.

So it is possible after she gets the call in letter to send to someone in GZ and have them turn in their passports? That would be great because she does not want to travel back there.

How long does it usually take after they receive the documents they need before the call in letter? I am trying to arrange schooling for her daughter and don't want to cut it too close. We were hoping for them to be here by the end of July.

Thanks again

Yes, you are right. What she needs to do is just waiting for call-in-letter. Lawyer can not do anything for her now.

If the document she left at hotel is the only reason resulting blue slip, I think it will be fairly quick. But I do not how long it will be exactly. Should be less than a month like two weeks? Hope other people can help on this.

Yes, Mr Yang jiahua (cellphone: 13724842886、13725270589) is a trustfully person. After your wife gets call-in-letter, she can contact Mr Yang, and mail him their (your wife and her daughter) passports, call-in-letter, and a letter of power of attorney for Mr. Yang. Mr. Yang will mail passports with visa and visa packages back to your wife. You and your wife can contact Mr. Yang for details.

I was thinking of this way as well when I received call-in-letter. But I figure out that flights are not much expensive than the payment to Mr. Yang and the cost for a offical letter of power of attorney. So I just went back Guangzhou again, plus I would like to take care of my stuff by my own.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

It is such an important thing. If I were her , I 'd fly to GZ and take care of it myself.

Remember in immigration , she needs them, they don't need her . All issues are our faults , so ,@ every single opportunity we must check and cross check everything for completion. They can change schedule or anything at their discretion, we can NOT. They can hold this up for one year or longer and there is nothing you can do about it .

How many times people get pink and then turn around and get blue ??? not uncommon....

I hope you understand this well and explain it to her .