From China Daily

I could kick myself for not copying some of his photos from his travels, especially when he and his (then) wife went to the famous mountain. Anybody remember the fantastic pic of the old lady leading the the monster water buffalo on a leash? I tried to search for that thread a couple different ways and could not find it. Do we still have that in the archives here? (Beggar begs compugenius to find, please).

Are the pics in this thread?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37887-chengdu-is-alive-and-well/page__view__findpost__p__507256

No, buddy, that was not it. The thread I want was just all pictures one after another with them traveling and then hiking on this mountain. There was the little boy in the field with his mother and they threw him some candy and when he ran back to his momma he had the cute little open flap on the back of his pants. There was Larry learning how to thresh wheat by hand. Man that guy made some good pix but the old lady with the buffalo was awesome.

I just searched the entire collection of the threads he started and I do not see the pics. I think you can only go back 3 years but I think the pics were posted inside those 3 years?

I see he joined jan 09 so I just saw all of his threads.

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

I could kick myself for not copying some of his photos from his travels, especially when he and his (then) wife went to the famous mountain. Anybody remember the fantastic pic of the old lady leading the the monster water buffalo on a leash? I tried to search for that thread a couple different ways and could not find it. Do we still have that in the archives here? (Beggar begs compugenius to find, please).

Are the pics in this thread?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37887-chengdu-is-alive-and-well/page__view__findpost__p__507256

No, buddy, that was not it. The thread I want was just all pictures one after another with them traveling and then hiking on this mountain. There was the little boy in the field with his mother and they threw him some candy and when he ran back to his momma he had the cute little open flap on the back of his pants. There was Larry learning how to thresh wheat by hand. Man that guy made some good pix but the old lady with the buffalo was awesome.

Robert, I think you are remembering pics Jesse (Shaquanew?) posted of some of the trips he and his wife had taken around China.

Edited by HongKong2LA (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned in my own thread, having just come back from visiting Sichuan, that many of the cities are quite clean as compared to the northeast. These pictures show that through and through. As to bikes, I must admit that I felt like there were fewer bikes in Chengdu and Chongqing than the northeast and was more aware of the number of buses.