Can I have a chance to get B2 visa?

I got married with my American husband in July last year in China. We are living in China now.

I am working in an international company as a manager in China now. And we want to go back U.S. to visit my husband's mum. She is almost 90 years old.

After visiting, we will come back.

Can I have a chance to go there with my husband? And how do we need to do?

I got married with my American husband in July last year in China. Now we are living in China.

And I am working in an international company as a manager. We just want to see my husband's mum this year because his mum is almost 90 years old.

His mum misses him so much.

Can I have a chance to go with my husband? How do we need to do? What kind of materials do we need to prepare and hand in later?

The short answer is you have to show strong ties to China. Being married to an American (despite what on first most would think would help) generally hurts you.

It is possible however;

1. Your job helps - a letter from your employer saying when you need to be back in China can help.

2. You need to show significant assets in a bank account, I have heard amounts exceeding 50,000 RMB. If you can show this over a period of time, even better.

3. Do you own property? This helps as well.

Think like the VO, you are married to an American so the assumption is that you will have an immigrant intent at some time. Why can you not immigrate now?

Others can give you more ideas, but it is possible.

Thanks for your information.

---I can get any supporting materials from my company. And my boss said that he can write a guanratee letter for me to U.S.embassy on his own behalf.

Do it make sence for me to get B2 visa?

---I have some exceeding 50,000RMB put in the bank.

---But I dont have property in China. Isn't it good for my case?

Now my work is great, which helps me build my future career. I don't want to give up. Also my husband is retired so we want to live in China at least now. Maybe later we are going to apply immigration, but not right now. We want to go back to U.S. only because we want to see his mum.

Thanks for your information.

---I can get any supporting materials from my company. And my boss said that he can write a guanratee letter for me to U.S.embassy on his own behalf.

Do it make sence for me to get B2 visa?

---I have some exceeding 50,000RMB put in the bank.

---But I dont have property in China. Isn't it good for my case?

Now my work is great, which helps me build my future career. I don't want to give up. Also my husband is retired so we want to live in China at least now. Maybe later we are going to apply immigration, but not right now. We want to go back to U.S. only because we want to see his mum.

These are NOT requirements for a B-2 visa, but would serve to demonstrate your ties to China. It is completely at the visa officer's discretion as to whether you will get the visa or not.

If you are prepared to sacrifice the visa fee for a chance to visit the US, it may be worthwhile for you to try - just be aware that they do not return the fee if you are denied.

You convinced me, I would tell the visa officer the same thing. After all if you had immigrant intent you could have filed DCF some time ago. Good career, assets in China, letter from your boss, I'd say your chances aren't bad. If you are denied you could file an I-130 DCF and have a visa in about 6 months or so.

yeah , your age , please ??? if you 're young and your hubby is old , who is to say that you won't get to the USA and abandon him and marry a younger and more prosperous guy . I'm just playing a devil advocate here. that's what CO is going to think about . Give it a try anyway, there is no harm other than losing some money . Take it as a donation to the good old USA . Afterall, we buy a lot of goods from China.

Beachey gives what you need to do with B2 visa. Only thing you need to focus on is how to prove your strong tie in China, such as your own family in China, your wonderful work and your properties in China. Actually your husband's retirement is a plus for you, which might demonstrate that you are breadwinner for the family.

However just as others suggested, you are married and not for a long time. Immigration intent would be obvious and straightforward, especially you want to visit US shortly after married. If you do DCF, it means you have to give up what you have achieved in China and it is not easy.

So try B2. My thought is that married to USC does not mean immigration is the only option to visit US. If yes, you have to go with DCF which will be applied by your husband.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

slim chance. there's an attorney in China that members of this forum highly recommend to consult with .

out of curiousity, why your husband not inquiring here?

My American friend told me this website 5 months ago. I am too busy to find it. Lately I logged in and found this forum is so wonderful. So I registered and posted my questions.

I will introduce this to my husband.

slim chance. there's an attorney in China that members of this forum highly recommend to consult with .

My American friend told me this website 5 months ago. I am too busy to find it. Lately I logged in and found this forum is so wonderful. So I registered and posted my questions.

Why have to be husband inquiring here? This is not the first time of such a reaction recently, for instance,

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43120-cr-1/ (It was good to see some men fight back for us.)

And even a post which is “for man only” http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43217-i-love-my-life/page__p__572143__fromsearch__1#entry572143

It seems that it should not be us to make questions here. Does it sound wired to you since you all have a Chinese wife/fiancée? Will you stop your wife/fiancée post here if they want or they are capable?

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

Why have to be husband inquiring here? This is not the first time of such a reaction recently, for instance,

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43120-cr-1/ (It was good to see some men fight back for us.)

And even a post which is ¡°for man only¡± http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43217-i-love-my-life/page__p__572143__fromsearch__1#entry572143

It seems that it should not be us to make questions here. Does it sound wired to you since you all have a Chinese wife/fianc¨¦e? Will you stop your wife/fianc¨¦e post here if they want or they are capable?

It is perfectly acceptable to have non US citizen posting and asking questions on the board, I for one like seeing this, and get to see the perspective from the other side.

In these things both persons should be involved.

The origional question is about a visit visa, this is applied for by non US citizen so makes sense for them to ask questions.

Don't let others discourage you from posting, all are welcome.

You would not have to give up anything to file DCF. It would just be a means to get visa. There would be nothing stopping you from returning to China when your visit is over.

I would like to make perfectly clear, ALL ARE WELCOME TO POST ON CFL. Please continue to ask all the questions you like. There is no reason your husband need join if he doesn't want to.

You would not have to give up anything to file DCF. It would just be a means to get visa. There would be nothing stopping you from returning to China when your visit is over.

I would like to make perfectly clear, ALL ARE WELCOME TO POST ON CFL. Please continue to ask all the questions you like. There is no reason your husband need join if he doesn't want to.

I'm not a mod or anything other than the average poster on CFL but I hope everyone understands what warpedbored just said.

This IS NOT a man only board, never was.

I know some comments were thrown out a couple of weeks back or so. I didn't understand the logic behind those comments then and can only hope that they were not said in a serious manner.

It is great to see the woman's view and interaction on these many subjects we have on Candle. I'd hate to see Candle as a male only site, it would be boring beyond belief as us manly men run out of things to talk about pretty easily when left to our on devices, and then it's...puke puke....politics, chest thumpin' personalities, and finger pointing, the things us men are best at..... or is that WORST at?.

Ask, and interact away away ladies.

tsap seui