Can form 325a be both typed and handwritten and does it really matter? I am working on assembling our CR-1 package and LiYuan's address is just to long to be typed in and I am not sure it can be handwritten either.

Is it acceptable to use an attached letter on the 325a? I know I would have to attach 4 copies as well since it is in quadruplicate as well.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Yes can hand write in any box that cannot type into.

Also can simply note in box "See Attached" and on an attached sheet, note what form, and what line, and provide what would not fit in the box.

Can form 325a be both typed and handwritten and does it really matter? I am working on assembling our CR-1 package and LiYuan's address is just to long to be typed in and I am not sure it can be handwritten either.

Is it acceptable to use an attached letter on the 325a? I know I would have to attach 4 copies as well since it is in quadruplicate as well.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

The present version of this form is only one page (6/12/09), not four like the older versions, although the older versions are still accepted

http://www.uscis.gov...form/g-325a.pdf

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Thanks in advance.

Paul

The present version of this form is only one page (6/12/09), not four like the older versions, although the older versions are still accepted

http://www.uscis.gov...form/g-325a.pdf

Yep, missed that detail, it is no longer a 4 part form like the old days, they only need ONE G-325A from petitioner and ONE G-325A from beneficiary, not 4 "Copies".

Dan and Randy

Thanks for that update, I wondered about that when I printed one today, only one copy. I must have been using an older link before that still printed 4. Thanks again.

Paul

I was just thinking about this form the other day. When I was over there last we tried to get every form that needed her signature on it done, this being the main one I knew of. We did have questions about a couple of things and as we were low in time we decided to just cover every possibility and then ask later. As result I now have 20 or so copies of this form filled out in different ways. Our main question was how to sign it? Pinyin, Chinese or English?

We also wasn't sure about the address to use. The address for our apartment is kinda funky. How critical is that address?

--She will sign it at interview. Any style is fine. But theoretically should be her name in Pinyin. I did like that.

--Put an address that she can receive mails from Guangzhou. If your and her apartment is not deliverable, then put a mailing address. It always is helpful if you can write the address in Chinese as well.

--She will sign it at interview. Any style is fine. But theoretically should be her name in Pinyin. I did like that.

--Put an address that she can receive mails from Guangzhou. If your and her apartment is not deliverable, then put a mailing address. It always is helpful if you can write the address in Chinese as well.

G-325A is a support biographic form, it is used by DHS or USCIS, it is attached to a petition and signed before fileing the petition, not at interview.

Also a person signs in the way they are acustomed to signing things.

G-325A is a support biographic form, it is used by DHS or USCIS, it is attached to a petition and signed before fileing the petition, not at interview.

---You are right. I mixed it with DS 230, which will be signed at interview. Too many forms. Sorry, where my mind was?

---I signed in both Pinyin and Chinese characters for G325A. For DS 230 only Pinyin. I think any way is fine.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

---You are right. I mixed it with DS 230, which will be signed at interview. Too many forms. Sorry, where my mind was?

---I signed in both Pinyin and Chinese characters for G325A. For DS 230 only Pinyin. I think any way is fine.

Signing both ways seemed the logical thing to us. It would cover all known options and they could simply ignore the one they didn't like.

Still concerned about the address. It seems formatted in and odd way. I may attach a sheet with the address I know has worked in the past that I didn't have with me in China.

• 4 weeks later...

I am assuming the G325A everything can be in pinyin like the address and names ? Is this correct ?

We are planning to sign the G325A in both pinyin and Chinese.

I am assuming the G325A everything can be in pinyin like the address and names ? Is this correct ?

We are planning to sign the G325A in both pinyin and Chinese.

Yes, everything in G325A is in Pinyin, and I signed G325A in both Pinyin and Chinese as you plan to do.

It is not a problem that the signature is either in Pinyin or Chinese. I just thought Pinyin will be more recognized by the American officers.

Unfortunately it has taken me far longer to put the package together than I initially thought it would. She signed and dated the 325a nearly a month ago. Does anyone think that would be a problem?

Nope.

G-325A is a support form.

Unfortunately it has taken me far longer to put the package together than I initially thought it would. She signed and dated the 325a nearly a month ago. Does anyone think that would be a problem?

Nope.

G-325A is a support form.

Sorry, meant I-865. The Biographical Form.